Let’s get this straight I may love in the south but my California 619 Taco eating Mexican candy loving loves the beach but can’t swim fashionable tail will never loose her Cali swag 😆. Just… More
So the truth is.. I missed the Coachella 2018.. but that doesn’t mean this outfit isn’t giving me hippie, bohemian Coachella vibes! It’s friday and boy am I ready to enjoy some sun! I’m going to keep it short and simple today. I have been featuring clothes from Versona more on the blog as I used to shop there when I lived in Virginia. Versona is the same boutique as Cato Fashion. They have similar styles and great quality, I honestly like Versona a bit better.
This bell sleeve tribal print off the shoulder top is from Versona. I love the colors, the print and it’s one of those blouses that keep your snatch in at the top so you don’t feel exposed. the shorts are of course from… Old Navy! I love their shorts, as they fit me great, they last years, and they are affordable.
My accessories consist of simple cognac low gladiator sandals from JustFab, this lovely round straw purse with pom poms is from Shein. Let’s just give a moment of silence to this purse.. it’s it the cutest!!! last but not least my shades are my Betsy Johnson. Is there a Coachella part 2 this year.. cause I’m ready to go lol!
Enjoy your weekend. xo happy fashion divas!
Get The Look:
I truly am a grandma at heart. I have always been called an old soul, or the little old lady from Pasadena-that my sister calls me. But this outfit truly take me to my inner old lady. why because this is something my mom or grandma would wear. My mom isn’t an old lady but she’s a grandma so she fits into that category!
This outfit is not made for old women but just embraces that old ole 70’s vibes mixed with modern flare. Eva Mendes does a great job with embracing her culture, heritage and inspirations form her loved ones. I absolutely love this denim chambray ruffle skirt. It comes with a denim belt, and lime green and purple buttons down the front. I can’t get enough of this carmel colored crochet sleeveless top. It is so light weight and just goes perfectly with this skirt.
I topped this look off with my colorful head wrap from Bold looks and headwraps, a crochet side satchel and matching brown block heels.
This look is so simple and cute and can be worn anywhere.. I just may wear this to work this week :)!
Get The Look:
Random question, what is your favorite animal? Mine just so happens to be giraffes. I love how gracefully they walk, how tall they are, their wonderful spotted print and of course their bold eyes with those long eyelashes. I honestly believe that where us human got the idea of elongating mascara from!
If you guessed that I was drawn to this dress because of the print. You are absolutely right. It looks like a colorful giraffe to me. I have been on the hunt for several maxi dresses and this one satisfied my fashion sweet tooth. This dress is from New York and Company the Eva Mendes line of course!
This maxi dress is great for many reason.
- It’s long… if it wasn’t it wouldn’t be a maxi dress (duhh)
- Very light material
- Thin under lining,
- Awesome rope detailing around the waist and acts as straps
- Multi color print
You know my theme for this summer is in living color and this tops off this them. I will admit that this dress is extra extra long. I am 5’3 1/2 so I pulled out my 5″ JustFab purple fringe heels with this dress. I will most likely have this tailored so it’s not dragging on the floor. Topping this look off with my orange fringe purse and yellow beaded earring form JcPenny will definitely have heads turning. This dress is great for a hot summer day, week-ending, and of course a hot date. Take you pick!
How would you style this dress? Happy monday loves Kick this week off in color!
Get The Look:
Ladies you know I love a good 2 piece outfit. So of course I am bringing you another one from New York and Company. This one is no different from the black and white polka dot one that i previously featured. The only difference is the print. I love these outfits because they are instant outfit, cute, light weight for the summer and most of all it’s perfect for a diva on the go!
I won’t hold you long today as it’s Monday and most of us are grabbing a cup of coffee and jetting put the door like me! So let’s keep it classy, sophisticated and make today count! Shoes are from JustFab, my purse is old from Charming Charlie and my shades are from NY&Co.
Be inspired and happy fashion divas.
Get The Look:
I have been on the hunt for summer maxi dresses. Lately I haven’t seen any that I truly fell in love with. However you know my girl Eva Mendes (collection) – from New York and Company always comes through! Every since I did my closet clear out I only have a few maxi dresses in my wardrobe. Adding this beauty was a must.
Maxi dresses are like jumpsuits to me! Super classy easy outfit all in an instant. you can easily dress them up or down once again depending on the material. This dress is super light weight and I encourage you to wear a slip or shorts underneath as it’s a bit see-thru. There wasn’t much for me to add to this dress as it speaks for itself.
I topped this look off with these dazzling blue beaded earrings from JCPenney, my purple fringe heels and bam. Sexy and cool outfit!
Get The Look:
Hi Divas – it’s officially summer! When it gets hot and humid I instantly look for a protective style for my hair. So one may ask what is a protective style and why?
- Protective styling is when you braid, twist, bun or put your hair in a style that is low maintenance that holds oil and moisture. The heat, and humidity can be very harsh on natural hair. Which can cause, it to become dry, brittle and break off.
I recently linked up with my best friend who has a soft curly hair. We decided to pick faux locs as her protective style. There’s many different ways to achieve this look, but we opted to crochet pre looped FreeTress faux locs into her hair. This was actually my first time using pre looped hair and when i say it’s one of the best hair inventions ever. I was able to wash, blow dry and install the locs all within an hour and half! See below for each step to achieve this look.
- Start off on freshly washed hair. Make sure to deep condition and oil your scalp either prior to braiding or after braiding.
- Braid your hair. The braid pattern is important to achieve the look you want. I braided a horizontal perimeter braid in the back so that my friend would be able to put her hair up if she wanted too. I started at the bottom and braided each row into each other leaving one braid loose. I eventually crocheted the loose braid into the braided hair.
- Install the locs. This is pretty simple and self explanatory. Let me know if you need a tutorial on his to install crochet hair. However you first start off by inserting your needle into one of the braids. Place the loop on the hook and make sure the claps is closed before pulling the needle outward. Once you have pulled the hair through the braid you will only need to to pull the locs through the loop once. I double knotted a few just for extra security.
- I recommend to place each loc about a dime size apart. Once you have completed the entire head you can go back and fill in any gaps.
It’s just as simple as that. I recommend to oil your scalp with tee tree oil, jamaican black castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil. I often mix in jojoba and grapeseed oil to my mixture as well. Also I like to spray leave in conditioner in my hair to keep it thoroughly moisturized. Make sure to wrap your hair up at night with a satin scarf or a braid cap.
What is one of your favorite protective styles? How do you maintain your style?
Xo happy hair divas!
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
Good Morning Divas,
Top of the week, and it’s Monday again. Not just any Monday but one to mke count and to enjoy! Even if it’s that same 9-5 job that you may be dreading, or are you stuck in morning rush hour traffic.. Maybe you didn’t have a good weekend, or simply you just don’t like Mondays. I’m here to tell you simply take a deep breath, smile and thank God for another day.
Whatever maybe heavy on your heart, give it to God. Let go and let God. We are called to not live in fear. I too often find myself living in fear of being a failure, or being stuck in a rut. This often leads to me being discouraged in what I have not accomplished or just how little I have accomplished.
The truth is we all have expectations of ourselves, our lives, what we should have or will obtain. However God does not operate on our time. His timeline is nothing compared to the small things we demand out of life. Get up make that pot of coffee or tea and be in encouraged in the lord for he will give you strength to push forward. You are already good but can only become great within him.
Be encouraged divas and have a good day!
You made it loves to Friday! I told myself I was going to stop living for Friday’s ad the weekend and enjoy each day as they come. Well I am still happy, no rain just sunshine.. I am in desperate need of a beach, lemonade a good sun bath so I can look like a toasted Almond lol.
Okay so let’s get right into this look. I have been working on my weekend chill vibes look, as I have so many professional clothing.. but I am doing better… I think? This 2 piece short outfit is from Shein. Shein is becoming one of my alternative favorite online boutique to snag cute little outfits like this. It’s cheap and gets you through. This outfit also comes in white floral and is under $20.
I decided to pair this outfit with hot pink. It just needed a pop of color, and hot pink did the trick. From my old but goodie Coach flats to my hot pink headwrap, my light pink Betsey Johnson sunnies top this look off.
How do you take simple outfits and make them pop? XO happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look:
This has been long overdue. I have finally decided to add a lifestyle portion to my blog with style of course! I wanted to incorporate this section to challenge myself and to share my real life journey with you. I do to have challenges and although some of my pictures maybe nice, I have struggles just like everyone else. There will be a few sub categories that you will be able to choose form.
- Get Lifted: Here I will be discussing motivation, inspiration quotes to get you lifted. I and my husband are very religious and love doing bible study, doing a morning daily devotional. However life happens and sometimes we let “stuff” get in the way. I figured this would be a good way for me to share with you as well holding myself accountable of reading the word and making sure I doing my part to society as being a loyal Christian! So “Get Lifted” with me
- Food For The Soul: This is all thing food. Some of my favorite restaurants, recipes, what I am currently craving..healthy things of course :).
- Work It Out: Will be my most challenging section of all. As I have never ever truly had to “work out” working out for me equated to losing weight which was always a fear of mine. However as I get older and wiser..i know i need to workout to always be healthy. I will go into more detail about what it means to be a skinny girl and working out.
- Emanee Hair Trendz: If you have been following me for a while, you would know I use to have this section o my blog and then I removed it. Well guess what it’s back!I love anything hair! from, braids, blowouts, twist outs, sew in, natural hair, permed hair.. trending hair products you name it I love it. I will e sharing some helpful hair tips. Most of these tips and tricks anyone can use.
Come along with me on this journey as you will view my life in style.
xo happy life divas.
Good morning Divas,
This is my first healthy food get ready and go breakfast post!! Because my mornings are on the go. i usually meal prep my lunch and make breakfast fresh in the morning for I and my husband. I am not a breakfast person at all.. there’s a some history behind why I dislike it. If you have a sensitive stomach like me then you most likely skip breakfast. I am lactose, so milk, donuts (which are not healthy) relatively anything oily, anything super heavy all hurt my stomach. So I had to find what was easy simple and that would be great to get my morning started.
First up is Avocado toast. Avocados are very healthy, as they are packed with nutrients, fiber, potassium and essential vitamins. Many people use avocados as in exchange for butter. I just love them in salads, burgers, as guacamole on tacos, or by themselves.
Here are some quick easy steps on how to make this delicious snack or breakfast.
- Toast; You can use whatever toast you enjoy.. but try to use a whole wheat bread, multigrain something with more substance. Today I am using cinnamon raisin bread, I am going for the sweet and savory taste. Brown your toast in a toaster to your liking
- Avocado: make sure you are picking a ripe but firm avocado. if you don’t know how to pick a good one, it’s easy. Simple pull out the core at the top if it’s black it’s rotten, if its green it’s not ready, if it’s yellow it’s just right. You can also squeeze it a bit and if it’s to soft like really soft the likelihood of it being good is very very slim.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Take a spoon and remove the green goodness. Place into a bowl and begin to mash with a fork. Season the avocado lightly with salt and pepper. When smooth or to your liking place on your toasted bread.
That’s it! Now you can garnish this with more toppings such as eggs, tomatoes, strawberries, feta cheese, fish, red chili flakes, the list goes on. Experiment and let me know what you come up with.