I truly am a grandma at heart. I have always been called an old soul, or the little old lady from Pasadena-that my sister calls me. But this outfit truly take me to my inner… More
I have been on the hunt for summer maxi dresses. Lately I haven’t seen any that I truly fell in love with. However you know my girl Eva Mendes (collection) – from New York and Company always comes through! Every since I did my closet clear out I only have a few maxi dresses in my wardrobe. Adding this beauty was a must.
Maxi dresses are like jumpsuits to me! Super classy easy outfit all in an instant. you can easily dress them up or down once again depending on the material. This dress is super light weight and I encourage you to wear a slip or shorts underneath as it’s a bit see-thru. There wasn’t much for me to add to this dress as it speaks for itself.
I topped this look off with these dazzling blue beaded earrings from JCPenney, my purple fringe heels and bam. Sexy and cool outfit!
Get The Look:
Hi Divas – it’s officially summer! When it gets hot and humid I instantly look for a protective style for my hair. So one may ask what is a protective style and why?
- Protective styling is when you braid, twist, bun or put your hair in a style that is low maintenance that holds oil and moisture. The heat, and humidity can be very harsh on natural hair. Which can cause, it to become dry, brittle and break off.
I recently linked up with my best friend who has a soft curly hair. We decided to pick faux locs as her protective style. There’s many different ways to achieve this look, but we opted to crochet pre looped FreeTress faux locs into her hair. This was actually my first time using pre looped hair and when i say it’s one of the best hair inventions ever. I was able to wash, blow dry and install the locs all within an hour and half! See below for each step to achieve this look.
- Start off on freshly washed hair. Make sure to deep condition and oil your scalp either prior to braiding or after braiding.
- Braid your hair. The braid pattern is important to achieve the look you want. I braided a horizontal perimeter braid in the back so that my friend would be able to put her hair up if she wanted too. I started at the bottom and braided each row into each other leaving one braid loose. I eventually crocheted the loose braid into the braided hair.
- Install the locs. This is pretty simple and self explanatory. Let me know if you need a tutorial on his to install crochet hair. However you first start off by inserting your needle into one of the braids. Place the loop on the hook and make sure the claps is closed before pulling the needle outward. Once you have pulled the hair through the braid you will only need to to pull the locs through the loop once. I double knotted a few just for extra security.
- I recommend to place each loc about a dime size apart. Once you have completed the entire head you can go back and fill in any gaps.
It’s just as simple as that. I recommend to oil your scalp with tee tree oil, jamaican black castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil. I often mix in jojoba and grapeseed oil to my mixture as well. Also I like to spray leave in conditioner in my hair to keep it thoroughly moisturized. Make sure to wrap your hair up at night with a satin scarf or a braid cap.
What is one of your favorite protective styles? How do you maintain your style?
Xo happy hair divas!
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
Good Morning Divas,
Top of the week, and it’s Monday again. Not just any Monday but one to mke count and to enjoy! Even if it’s that same 9-5 job that you may be dreading, or are you stuck in morning rush hour traffic.. Maybe you didn’t have a good weekend, or simply you just don’t like Mondays. I’m here to tell you simply take a deep breath, smile and thank God for another day.
Whatever maybe heavy on your heart, give it to God. Let go and let God. We are called to not live in fear. I too often find myself living in fear of being a failure, or being stuck in a rut. This often leads to me being discouraged in what I have not accomplished or just how little I have accomplished.
The truth is we all have expectations of ourselves, our lives, what we should have or will obtain. However God does not operate on our time. His timeline is nothing compared to the small things we demand out of life. Get up make that pot of coffee or tea and be in encouraged in the lord for he will give you strength to push forward. You are already good but can only become great within him.
Be encouraged divas and have a good day!
You made it loves to Friday! I told myself I was going to stop living for Friday’s ad the weekend and enjoy each day as they come. Well I am still happy, no rain just sunshine.. I am in desperate need of a beach, lemonade a good sun bath so I can look like a toasted Almond lol.
Okay so let’s get right into this look. I have been working on my weekend chill vibes look, as I have so many professional clothing.. but I am doing better… I think? This 2 piece short outfit is from Shein. Shein is becoming one of my alternative favorite online boutique to snag cute little outfits like this. It’s cheap and gets you through. This outfit also comes in white floral and is under $20.
I decided to pair this outfit with hot pink. It just needed a pop of color, and hot pink did the trick. From my old but goodie Coach flats to my hot pink headwrap, my light pink Betsey Johnson sunnies top this look off.
How do you take simple outfits and make them pop? XO happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look:
This has been long overdue. I have finally decided to add a lifestyle portion to my blog with style of course! I wanted to incorporate this section to challenge myself and to share my real life journey with you. I do to have challenges and although some of my pictures maybe nice, I have struggles just like everyone else. There will be a few sub categories that you will be able to choose form.
- Get Lifted: Here I will be discussing motivation, inspiration quotes to get you lifted. I and my husband are very religious and love doing bible study, doing a morning daily devotional. However life happens and sometimes we let “stuff” get in the way. I figured this would be a good way for me to share with you as well holding myself accountable of reading the word and making sure I doing my part to society as being a loyal Christian! So “Get Lifted” with me
- Food For The Soul: This is all thing food. Some of my favorite restaurants, recipes, what I am currently craving..healthy things of course :).
- Work It Out: Will be my most challenging section of all. As I have never ever truly had to “work out” working out for me equated to losing weight which was always a fear of mine. However as I get older and wiser..i know i need to workout to always be healthy. I will go into more detail about what it means to be a skinny girl and working out.
- Emanee Hair Trendz: If you have been following me for a while, you would know I use to have this section o my blog and then I removed it. Well guess what it’s back!I love anything hair! from, braids, blowouts, twist outs, sew in, natural hair, permed hair.. trending hair products you name it I love it. I will e sharing some helpful hair tips. Most of these tips and tricks anyone can use.
Come along with me on this journey as you will view my life in style.
xo happy life divas.
Good morning Divas,
This is my first healthy food get ready and go breakfast post!! Because my mornings are on the go. i usually meal prep my lunch and make breakfast fresh in the morning for I and my husband. I am not a breakfast person at all.. there’s a some history behind why I dislike it. If you have a sensitive stomach like me then you most likely skip breakfast. I am lactose, so milk, donuts (which are not healthy) relatively anything oily, anything super heavy all hurt my stomach. So I had to find what was easy simple and that would be great to get my morning started.
First up is Avocado toast. Avocados are very healthy, as they are packed with nutrients, fiber, potassium and essential vitamins. Many people use avocados as in exchange for butter. I just love them in salads, burgers, as guacamole on tacos, or by themselves.
Here are some quick easy steps on how to make this delicious snack or breakfast.
- Toast; You can use whatever toast you enjoy.. but try to use a whole wheat bread, multigrain something with more substance. Today I am using cinnamon raisin bread, I am going for the sweet and savory taste. Brown your toast in a toaster to your liking
- Avocado: make sure you are picking a ripe but firm avocado. if you don’t know how to pick a good one, it’s easy. Simple pull out the core at the top if it’s black it’s rotten, if its green it’s not ready, if it’s yellow it’s just right. You can also squeeze it a bit and if it’s to soft like really soft the likelihood of it being good is very very slim.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Take a spoon and remove the green goodness. Place into a bowl and begin to mash with a fork. Season the avocado lightly with salt and pepper. When smooth or to your liking place on your toasted bread.
That’s it! Now you can garnish this with more toppings such as eggs, tomatoes, strawberries, feta cheese, fish, red chili flakes, the list goes on. Experiment and let me know what you come up with.
It’s Friyay, I am starting to learn not to live for Friday or the weekend but to live for each day and make it count. Life can be so much more enjoyable that way. Because I am living in color this summer I thought this super chill but colorful outfit is perfect for a Friday or weekend look.
I found this cotton grey tassel dress form Versona. Versona is a women’s boutique store that has trendy pieces, accessories, shoes, and much much more. If there is not one in your area they have an online store. Tassels and embroidery are trending right now and I couldn’t pass up this cute little number. It’s thick which is great for all seasons. I scored this dress for $24. Oh and let’s not forget it has pockets. Don’t you just love a dress with pockets? I sure do.
This piece didn’t need much jazzing up but you know me, I just had too. I used my Victoria secret tote bag as my purse along with these neon yellow booties from GoJane. To top this look off off I wore my white cat eye sunnies form Ross.
That’s it super easy and cute. What are your weekend plans?
Find this dress in stores and other cute dresses on at Versona.
The truth is, my mind has been going crazy with new ideas.. I just can’t control myself. I am super creative and my mind will often race from A-Z and then from Z-A. Excuse me if my outfits have been very colorful and different.. I will not apologize for my creativity. 🙂
With that being said let’s keep this simple and sweet. You know I love a good jumpsuit, and this will not be the last one you see on my blog. Polka dots are truly trending right now so if you don’t have anything polka dot in your wardrobe please make your closet happy and snag a blouse, dress, skirt or even some shoe to jazz up your outfit.
This black and white polka dot ruffle jumpsuit is so perfect for any day. This one can easily be dressed up or down. You can go from work to play in an outfit like this. It is made of a polyester chiffon blend material, which is light and great for those hot summer days. there is no lining but you will not need one since it’s black.
I decided to had some color to this outfit with my shoes and clutch. These mixed colored kitten heels are old from JustFab. Actually this shoe was one of my first purchases and they still look knew. My clutch is from an exhibitor at one of the tradeshows I work for. I absolutely love the color swatches, so fun and cute.
How to do you mix color and prints for an easy everyday look?
xo happy fashion divas.
Get The Look:
Many of you know I am a thrifty shopper and I almost never buy anything at full price. This includes shoes, asseccories, clothes…. I wish I could apply this to food lol cause lord knows I love to eat.
Althought I love to thrift shop I am always not able to get to the good ones as they are a bit further out from where I live. So instead TJMaxx, Marshall’s, Burlington will do the trick… just to name a few. These stores already have discounted prices. However when shopping at department and boutique stores, I look on the clearance racks and what’s on sale and if any coupons are available.
I purchased this outfit for $50. That even includes the purse! This soft chambray off th shoulder blouse was only $12. I love how this blouse has bell sleeves the cute cut out detailing and the stone wash that is scattered through the top. The pants were $15. Actually I saw the pants first, as I have been looking for some comfortable loose fitting jeans. Let me just say these pants are more than comfortable super soft and are great for an everyday or weekend look. Both pieces are from TJMaxx.
My coral and tan stitch purse is from Rack Room Shoes a few years ago. They were having a crazy clearance sale on purses which we’re down to $5. My earrings were a gift for my birthday. Tassels earrings are trending and you can find these almost anywhere today. I love cat eye glasses even my prescription glasses are cat eye. These sunnies are from TJMaxx and I snagged them for $7.
I saved the best for last. These lovely Jessica Simpson Espadrilles. The amazing patch work on the soft light blue denim. I love the cream ribbons that lace around the ankle. This finally touch simply completed this outfit. Oh yes these shoes were on clearance for $15. Check in the store as they are no longer available online.
Get The Look:
Hey divas, sometimes it’s hard to get up and go and always look good. Work, life, kids, daily tasks can take a toll on us. However just because you are tired, lazy or not in the mood doesn’t mean you have to throw on sweats flip flops and a wrap.. Don’t be that lady that everyone points at and think you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. INstead give them some Sasha fierce and say “I woke up like this..”
When I am feeling lazy or in a rut I always pick my go to jumpsuit. I absolutely love jumpsuits. Why?
- You are all thing fab!
- jumpsuits can be dressed up or down depending on the style. I like to have a variety of casual, and dressy jumpsuits
- One stop outfit. it’s a complete look in one
- You are never under or over dressed for any occasion
- Try to find the loose fitting or the wide leg jumpsuits you will be able to be more versatile with this style. A tapered leg is fine to just be careful for what look you are going for!
- Helpful tip for your body type: If you are curvy, try to find jumpsuit that have a waist band, or tie. Something that will pull you in and show your figure. If you are petite like me with not many curves, I try to go for the same look, it gives me the illusion that I have something! Most jumpsuits accentuate the waist area which is awesome because most women want to create the hour glass shape!
The jumpsuit I am wearing is from Shein official. You have heard me mention this online boutique before. SOme items can be hit or miss so pay attention to sizing, and since it is an asian based boutique sizing does run small. I choose this white light weight jumpsuit, because of the beautiful lace crochet detailing on the bust area. It has a cut out band around the midriff area just giving you enough peekaboo to be sexy. this jumpsuit comes with a shorts lining underneath which is great for those hot summer days. I paired this with my eyelet white wedges from JCPenney (these are so old but look new) and an all white clutch from Charming Charlie. Outfit made simple!
Jumpsuits are so not new, more like reinvented from the past. They come in a variety of colors, prints, and styles. I recommend that everyone at least has to in their wardrobe. this is a must have spring essential.
I love jumpsuits so much you will be seeing quite a few on this blog this summer! Let me know what are your favorite, colors and styles of jumpsuits you like.
xo happy fashion divas