I just had to inform you of these great summer sales at some of my favorite stores!!! This is the time to rack up on your favorite summer items! Some of the items at starting at $5.99, don’t miss out on these great deals!!! So lets dive into the goodness.
- H&M is have an amazing 60% off all clearance items!!! From dresses to shoes and accessories. If you need a cute summer top or dress H&M is the pace to shop! If you are looking for career wear items definitely check out this sale you won’t be disappointed!! H&M is also offering free shipping on orders over $50 use code 3039.
- Forever 21: So most of Forever 21’s items are usually pretty cheap. However the way to shop online is to shop the sale and clearance items + Free shipping!! Well Forever 21 is doing just that. Today’s sale is 30% off of sale items + Free shipping. I promise you won’t be disappointed with shopping their sale items. Forever 21 is another great store for those flirty floral, the 2 piece sets, crop tops, maxi dress and $1.99 basic Tee’s. Don’t miss out on this great sale!
- New York & Company: Calling all my classy Divas. I absolutely love this store. The trick to shopping at NY&Co is when they are having an awesome sale like now. They are have a 50% off sale on all of their departments including their petite section. NY&Co gears more towards the career women but also has flavor-full basics!
- Bath & Body Works: Ladies if you missed the semi annual sale don’t worry… Here’s another great deal!!! Lotions, body mist, and bubble bath are now marked down to $3.50 plus a $10 off $40 coupon. Use code SALEFUN. Don’t wait the sale ENDS TODAY!
I hope these sale Tips help with your Summer Shopping!!!!
Happy Shopping Divas stay Cool!
In my recent blog post : “How to deep condition your hair” I have received several questions pertaining to co-washing. I will answer what is co-washing and several other questions on why, when and how often to co-wash your hair.
- What is Co-Washing?- Co-washing or (Conditioner washing) is when you condition your hair without shampooing. Shampoo naturally strips your hair of any oils, dirt and build up that happens over a period of time. Note that co-washing can be used as a way to d-tangle your hair!
Example: For example let’s say you have just washed your hair thoroughly with shampoo and conditioner, and for a whole week you went to the gym and sweated out your hair. You hair is not necessarily dirty. This would be a great time to rinse your hair and apply only conditioner from roots to tips. Now you can use any conditioner of your choice. I use the Cantu Shea Butter for natural hair: Rinse out conditioner.
- How often Should I co-wash?: This depends on your hair regimen. However if you wear your hair in twists out, wash n go and other natural hair styles you will want to co-wash your hair in between styles and “shampoo” washes. This revitalizes your hair. I often co-wash my hair after I have had a twist out in for a week. My hairr often starts to get really frizzy and starts to knot up.
- Where do I buy the co-washing products: I have purchased several co-washing products before, but I have found that using my ordinary conditioner works best for me. I purchase my products from Sally Beauty or my local beauty supply. Note that Sally Beauty supply will probably carry these products cheaper, and if you sign up and purchase the $5 Sally Beauty club card all items are at a discounted price. Some of my favorite co-wash products that I have used are
As I Am-Cocont Co-Wash
Eden Body Works- Cleansing Co-Wash
- Why should I Co-wash my hair?: Co-washing is good to re-moisturizing your hair without stripping the oils out of your hair. It will leave your hair softer, manageable and silky.
- Will Co-washing Cure my dry hair?: No co-washing will not cure dry hair. But try co-washing in between shampoo treatments. Try using Tea Tree Oil. Tea Tree oil is great for healing your scalp, helps fight dandruff and any natural hair fungus.
3 Things to keep in mind about Co-Washing
- Ingredients: If co-washing is a natural part of your hair regimen stay away form silicone. Silicone’s are synthetic additives and are not of water-soluble making it harder to wash out without shampoo (detergent)
- Only Co-wash as needed: Depending on your schedule, climate co-wash as much as you like however keep in mind that your hair is most fragile when wet. be careful when styling and allow your hair enough time to dry. If you are going to blow dry or add any heat to hair make sure to use a thermal shield such as Cantu Shea Butter: Thermal Shield
- Clarify your hair with sulfate free shampoo occasionally: This is still a very important step that people often skip. You hair and scalps still needs to be adequately cleansed.
Let me know if you co-wash your hair. Or if this Blog has helped you understand what is Co-washing!
Happy Hair Divas
Todays blog is about how to deep condition your hair. I have several deep conditioning regimes depending on what my hair needs! This method is very basic and easy and I use it as often as once a month. So lets dive into the goodness!
- Edens all natural deep conditioner/ or your favorite deep conditioner(3-4 scoops depending on hair length)
- Olive oil (1 teaspoon)
- Tea Tree Oil (3-4 squirts)
- Coconut oil (1 teaspoon)
- Deep conditioning cap
- applicator brush
- Cantu Shea butter-wash out conditioner (you will need this to co-wash your hair after you have rinsed out the deep conditioner)
- Mix the ingredients together!!
Step 1: Wash your hair thoroughly. I use the Cantu Shea Butter natural shampoo and conditioner. This is a good time to detangle your hair and put it into 4 sections. This will help when applying the deep conditioner.
Step 2: Towel dry your hair, leaving it damp. Now take down one of the sections and apply the deep conditioner. I like to use the applicator brush for my roots. make sure to apply the conditioner to the tips of your hair and rake through. Now you should have 4 equal parts with conditioner.
Step 3: Once you have applied the deep conditioner to all of your head, apply the deep conditioning cap to you head for 15-30 minutes depending on your regime. I like to leave it on for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Also if you re not in a hurry try sitting under a bonnet hair dryer, it allows the oils and conditioner to penetrate the shafts of your hair.
Step 4: Rinse out the deep conditioner thoroughly. Do Not shampoo your hair. Shampooing will remove the soft oils that were just applied to your hair.
Step 5: Co-wash your hair. I like to do this just to seal my hair. This leaves my hair feeling extra soft. To cows you hair use any rinse out conditioner to your liking. apply conditioner massage in and rinse out.
Results: Your hair should be shinny, extra soft and light weight. After deep conditioning your hair should be more manageable for any style. I decided to straighten my hair. The deep conditioner allowed me to use less heat and to easily flat iron my hair.
Leave me a message below if you like this regime and tutorial and what else you would like to know about hair!!
YouTube: Emanees Closet
Fabulous Hair Divas!!
Today in Emanees Closet is this simple day look, that can be worn around the town or to work. Because its so hot I felt like adding pops of color that would make me glow! So lets dive right into the goodness.
Hot Pink Blouse: I purchased this pretty pink blouse at Ross. Divas I am telling you I used to not like Ross but it’s my new best friend. So I tried it and low an behold Boom Bang.. I was in Fashion heaven!! But back to this Cherry Hot pink Blouse I purchased this item for $8.99 it is a light weight material that is a bit sheer. I recommend wearing a camisole or some sort of light weight tank underneath. Like said we are Classy not Trashy! there is a small slit in the back that add a bit of flare to this blouse.
Pants: The pants are from H&M I purchased the pants for $30.00 in the career section. Divas this pants fit my like capow! The are light weight cotton material and are true to size! H&M clothing does fit small just keep that in mind! There is a bit of a flare on the bottom of the pants that allow you to pair these with flats, sandals and heels. There is a side zipper along with a belt claps that hides the zipper. I just love these for the summer!
Shoes: Divas I absolutely Love these shoes! These heels are from JUSTFAB! If you haven’t heard of JustFab please go and check out their site! I purchased these heels for $19.99 during a sale. Their items are usually 39.95. Check on their website for the 4th of July sale! I am sure they will have another awesome sale. The heel height is 4″ and is very comfortable. It has an ankle strap that is adjustable along with two front straps. I love this shoes because it have reds, greens, yellows, blues, purple and pink all mixed in. It allows me to wear any solid color while the shoe adds that pop of color to the whole outfit
- Purse: The purse was purchased from Charming Charlie on clearance for $14.99. This purse can still be founding stores and online. They have actually made this purse in more colors. It comes with a strap that can turn the bag into a side satchel. The inside is big enough for your wallet, phone, lipstick and a pair of sunglass. I love the small little locket detail on the front of the bag. this bag is light weight and great for summer looks. Charming Charlie Purse
- Shades & Watch
- The shades were purchased form Ross for $4.99 they are jones of New York. I love big retro 70 inspired sunglass. You can find this style of sunglass just about anywhere. But if they break I don’t eel so bad because I got them for a bargain.
- Watch: This rose gold watch was purchased from Charming Charlie for $18.99. I adore rose gold jewelry. It matched great with my skin tone, and because I’m such a girly girl I love the hint of pink it has. This math can still be found their website. or in stores. Rose Gold Watch : Similar
Divas its to hot to be in Black! So out on some color and let your inner Diva Shine!!! Let me know what you think about this outfit! Please Follow like and subscribe.
Youtube: Emanees Closet
Happy Shopping Divas!
Welcome back to my closet.. It’s not quite summer yet however the temperature outside is on Fire! I decided to throw on something quick classy and easy.. and of course on a Budget! This look can be worn to work, church or can be worn as a day dress with flats or sandals. Dress it up or dress it down! Let dive right into the goodness!!
- Dress: purchased from Ross for $7.99 this dress has a pretty antique design that flows to the butterfly sleeves. If you look closely there are small rhinestones on the front that outline some of the detail of the dying. The dress is right above the knee. So it is still long enough to be work to work or church. The dress comes with a tie that can be tie in the front or the back. I like to tie it in the back it gives me a little bit of a shape since I am skinny. The material is light weight and part spandex which can be stretched. I recommend to wear shorts, or some sort of under garment because it it a bit see-thru.
- Shoe: purchased from Shoe Carnival for $24.99. Shoe carnival is always having a sale. I never thought i would ever shop in this store until they were having some crazy sale plus and extra coupon. These shoes are still available on their website. The heel height is about 4″ tall with a snake print texture. I love the black criss cross streets material that wraps around the front of the foot, it can be adjusted to fit your foot perfectly. Since its not a platform it can be a bit uncomfortable however You are welcome to use the shoe inserts that can be purchased at the Dollar store for extra padding!
- Necklace & Earrings: Purchases from Charming Charlie $5.99. Divas I so could have popped this dress with a red Pair of earring and necklace but I decided to let the jewelry just a small sparkle to my neckline. Since the dress had the small rhinestones i allowed this mint dream necklace to play off of that. I decided to wear the matching earrings to not take away from my high bun hairstyle.
Divas this is a easy summer look that can be dressed up or down! Let me know what you think and how you wear your classy dresses for the summer! Watch the video below!
Like, Follow Subscribe
Youtube: Emanees Closet
Stay Classy Divas
Calling all my bargain Shopping Diavs,
Bath & Body Works Semi annual Sale is going on right now!!!! This sale is running from June 8th to July 8th.. You won’t want to miss out on this sale.
Divas this is when I go an purchase all of my body lotions, spray and body wash. BBW items usually retails at $12.50 each! I don’t know about you but that is not in my budget. The semi annual sale usually happens 3-4 times a year.
- End of December- First 2 weeks of Janaary
- September (Labor Day)
During the Semi-annual sale you can find starting at $2.50 If you sign up today online you will receive a $10 of $40 coupon!
Divas Do not miss out on this sale!! Hurry up and get yours today! See the link Below and watch my video to see what’s in my Bag!!!
Bath & Body Works
Happy Shopping Divas
There are a few staple hair products that every Divas needs in their closet to keep your hair looking Diva-Licious! I have natural hair so I like to use natural products. Natural hair products are products that are free of sulfates and that have organic ingredients that treat and moisturize your hair. Ladies if you have relaxed or color treated hair you can use these products as well! The products that I use come form the Cantu she Butter: for natural hair. This line also has products for relaxed and color treated hair. But be mindful those products do have sulfates which can be harmful to your hair. Below is a brief list of each products that I use on wash day!
- Cantu Shea Butter: Sulfate-Free Cleansing cream shampoo
This product gently removes heavy buildup, leaves hair health and clean, and is made with 100% she butter.
- Cantu Shea Butter: Sulfate-Free Hydrating Cream Conditioner
The Cantu conditioner helps retain natural oils, leaves hair moisturized and hydrated and also is made with %100 shea butter. Divas let me tell you this product is the bomb. It is great for detangling you hair, it leaves my hair very soft and shinny.
- Cantu Argon Oil: Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream
So every diva needs a leave in conditioner and by far this is the best product I have ever used. It smells great doesn’t leave any messy build up! I have also tried the shea butter leave in, it works just as great. This leave in conditioner can also be used for twist out, braid out, wash-n-go and everyday styling. if you want a tutorial leave comment below. This product deeply moisturizes hair and helps repair dry damaged hair from over heated and formulated styled hair.
- Cantu Shea Butter: Thermal Shield Heat Protectant
This heat protectant protects your hair up to 425F degrees. it smells great its light, not oily and is infused with she butter to soften your hair.
***You can find these products at Wal-Mart, Sally’s, Target and at your local beauty supply. Note that prices may vary. I find that Wal-Mart carries these product the cheapest but it is always sold out. Sally has recently added this product to their shelves, however if you do not see it on the shelf ask for it! They have it in the back. These product normally retails at $4-$6 depending on where it is purchased.
These products are amazing! they leave my hair smelling good, moisturized, silky and shinny. I give these products a 10+
Divas If you would like to see a tutorial on any of these products leave me a comment!
Happy Hair Divas