Divas I’m serving you 5 fab tips for your date night. let’s dive right in.
- Location: knowing where you are going is key. If it’s a surprise try to play it safe and pick an outfit that is not to casual and not to dressy. However my family and friends always say I am over the top.. and I must admit, I can be at times but at least I stay true to myself. I always usually dress fancy when going out.
- Good under garments: I am flat chested.. that’s no secret.. I am def apart of the itty-bitty-titty committee but that does NOT stop me from wearing a good supportive bra. Yes supportive because I have to fake it till I make it :). Panties matter too. If you are not a thong girl you can always find seamless underwear at Victoria Secret, Macy’s, Dillards or even TJMAXX. I repeat do not..do not wear form fitting clothes and have your pantie line showing. That’s a complete no no.
- Dress for your body type: If this is a date with a special someone. you want to put your best foot forward. I say this because we all want to be respected and love for who we are on the inside.. not the outside. treat yourself with respect first by dressing appropriately to your size.
- Hair & Makeup:
- Hair: Yes this matters. Most women know this. However I allow the clothes to speak to me and dictate weather I wear my hair up, down, bun, or curly. usually sleek looks like a good body wave or a bun look good for date nights. but you be the one to choose. (Let me know if you would like for me to post date night hairstyles)
- Makeup: I am not one to totally speak on makeup as I barely wear any. However I like to believe less is more.. Show your inner beauty and let the makeup accentuate what you already have.
- Shoes: I like to find shoes that will add color or a pattern to my outfit. There are so many varieties out to today to fit your specific style and foot needs. Try JustFab who even carry wide width. DSW is my next favorite one stop shop.
- Jewelry : Depending if you are dressing fancy or casual, simple hoops, or diamond drop studs are always staple jewelry pieces for me. I always like to have a single solitaire diamond necklace and a bracelet to spice things up. Macy’s, Charming Charlie, or even New York and Company always have great deals on fashion statement jewelry.
- Purse: Make sure your purse is big but cute enough to hold these essentials: lipstick or lip balm, tissue, phone, wallet, keys, travel perfume, gum or mint, touch up makeup and some cash.
- Cover up: depending on what season it is.. don’t be afraid to carry a light sweater or a cute leather jacket just in case it gets cold.
What are some of your favorite date night tips?
xo happy fashion divas.
Get The Look: