I wanted to take a step back and be transparent. Although looking good, shopping and pairing outfits are fun, Being stressed, having anxiety or constantly worrying does not go with any of my outfits!
Stress is real and can come in many different forms. Whether it’s your job, finances, relationship, family, there are many factors that we can stress and worry about. It is no secret I sometimes stress and have anxiety attacks. As I have gotten older different things will trigger this for me. Whether it’s things from my past or maybe something that a close friend or relative is going through. I am the type of person that I care deeply about my friends and family and I have often been known to carry other people’s problems.
In recognizing this I have found some ways to manage this organically. You would be surprised how may people you interact with daily are stressed, worry, and have some sort of anxiety or even panic attacks. Living in the united States everyone is on the go, on the move.. gotta get to the next thing right now. Below are some helpful ways I mange stress.
- A quiet place: Find you most quiet comfort place to clear your mind. Whether this is in a room in your house, in the dark with all the lights off, the beach, the park. this is important to be able to silence all of the noise.
- Write out your thoughts: I like to journal my thoughts. I used to this more when i was in college. I would wake up at 2 am or whenever my mind couldn’t rest. I actually wrote some of my best poems during this time.
- Tea: Drinking a hot cup of tea helps relax me. My favorite teas I drink is Yogi Tea. This brand has all different sorts of teas for whatever mood you are in. I love the focus, stress relief, and the moon cycle.
- Hot shower or bath: Some of you may know that I love Bath & Body Works. They have an awesome Aromatherapy line, sleepy time and stress relief shower wash and the matching lotions. These soaps actually work. My best tip is to allow the hot water to create steam and breathe in and out slowly. the lavender scent helps relax your mind and body.
- Work out: I am terrible when it coming to working out. However my bff has been telling me to try yoga. Unfortunately in the area I live there are no yoga classes. I have taken it upon myself to use my husbands workout bike and his mate to formulate my own routine.
- Eat properly: It is important to treat your body just as well as you treat your clothes! I love to eat fresh fruit, drink lots of water, salad with a light dressing, baked meats and veggies. (Let me know if you would like for me to share some of my fun and easy recipes)
- Prayer and support: My last tip is my most valued. I try to keep a balanced prayer life and support system. My main source of support is God and my husband. I definitely have my family as a great backup, I can call on them and if i don’t all they always call me 🙂 talking about a true source of accountability.
How do you distress so that it does not interrupt a good outfit? Let me know in the comment section below. Hope you find these tips helpful. Have a great start to the week Divas.
Xo Happy Fashion