Hey divas! Can you believe that July is almost over? Thats right and one of my favorite months is coming up.. Cough Ouch August.. Why? Because it’s the month I was married. This year will make 2 years.. whoot whoot! Not only will I be celebrating my anniversary but my sister will be getting married this coming Sunday. We making magic in August. So with that being said you know i will be blogging the fun road trip form Atlanta to Virginia.. and all of the wedding madness.. you know all the good stuff.
Since it’s Monday it’s time for a little bit of Faith & Fashion.
“Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.” John 15: 20 KJV
Do you remember the day when you could stay up late, party hard and wake up early? Don’t get me wrong I’m not that old yet, however I definitely have no desire to do any of that anymore lol. SO my routine looked a little bit like this… IN COLLEGE!
- Wake up early
- eat breakfast
- go to class/or work depending on the day
- have study sessions in between classes/ or tutoring sessions on weekends
- attend praise dance practice on Wednesdays..
- THURSDAY-SUNDAY….. is now a blur ahhaha
- okay seriously thought I still had class but sometimes the party would start on Thursday’s and wouldn’t end till Sunday.. not that same party of course but there was always a party.. either a campus party. your bff’s dorm room party.. a Frat/Sorority party… you know the party that homeboy that his ex girlfriends grandmas house which is right around the corner house party.. The all white party.. the shorty short party.. okay okay you get the picture.. So what can I say I had fun. Well to be honest my sister and I and Bff were always the designated driver because we had a car so we were known as the sober girls.. lol
- Stayed up till 2 studying went to IHOP with the L7’s (a nickname for my crew back in the day)
- Monday=Do it all over again
So this horrible college routine only lasted 1 year and half.. I am proud of that cause that life is rough.. Not healthy and definitely not what my momma was supporting me for. However It didn’t take me too long to realize that there’s more to life, college, and me than this type of lifestyle. Thats when I decided to take hold of my actions and buckle down and let the noise go! Meaning the parties, the people that were toxic, and anything that was spiritually unhealthy!
When I made this ultimate shift in my life I that’s when I could see me against the world. I was no longer friends with friends I thought were my girls.. unnecessary drama broke out because I chose not to party or entertain anything less of my new morals and values. I decided to to take a stand for me and for what God had for me.. Honestly at that time I had no idea what God has for me but i knew it wasn’t this or these people.. So today I can honestly say that when you are not of the world .. the world will be against you and you will always have God standing with you. Yes I can look back and laugh on my wayward college days and nights but I look at it a testament to myself that I couldn’t have come this far without my faith and God! Often to many times we get tangled in the trends, society and what we think we should be doing.. This is clearly called being a follower. We are called to lead and be the light not to live in darkness.
My linen jumpsuit can be found at Fab’rik along with these oh so comfortable black slides. I love a cute kimono it’s perfect for summer days or to throw something over you arms if there’s a cool breeze! Kimonos can be found just about anywhere including Walmart.. yep don’t sleep on Walmart. Head on over to Fab’rik now as these items are still on sale. Are you moving forward in style this year? Today take a stand for you!
Xo Happy Fashion divas
Get The Look: