We all draw inspiration from somewhere or someone. I remember growing up getting my first job at Seaworld with one of my best friends and earning our very first paycheck! We were so excited and all we could think about was going shopping! That’s exactly what we did. My mom took us to the San Ysidro Outlet is San Diego, CA. We shopped at Papaya the Nike outlet, Forever 21 and a few other stores. I saw this because we were totally bestie to the point we bought matching outfits. I am going to try my hardest to find some pictures of us matching! okay So I couldn’t find it.. Vanessa if you got it send it over lol!!
Today I don’t find myself matching with any women but gaining inspiration from my blogger sisters. Today I took some classy and fashionable inspo from my blogger sister Danni Howard the Modern.Day.Classic. She’s super fun, has a great classy style but makes it modern for the everyday women! I totally love it and her.
With that being said dive into this classic look.
I love stripes, from pants, jackets, blouses purses. Stripes can add pop to a classic look or make you look bold and edgy! In this case. I found these crop wide leg split ankle paperbag pants… (whew that was a lot) from TJMAXX. These light weight pants serve for a blend between going to work and or a weekend vibe. I paired these pants with a simple chiffon tank blouse also from TJMAXX for only $7.99!
Keeping this look simple and classy, I chose to pair this outfit with complimentary blush pink block heels. My odd shape shiny pink bag is a perfect match. Both heels and purse are from Justfab.
I’m in love with this look and if I had pink espadrilles I would have wore them just like Danni did!Let me know if you style an outfit like this or how would you style your stripe pants?
xo Happy Fashion Divas!
Get The Look:
Pants (similar) | Blouse (similar)
So the truth is.. I missed the Coachella 2018.. but that doesn’t mean this outfit isn’t giving me hippie, bohemian Coachella vibes! It’s friday and boy am I ready to enjoy some sun! I’m going to keep it short and simple today. I have been featuring clothes from Versona more on the blog as I used to shop there when I lived in Virginia. Versona is the same boutique as Cato Fashion. They have similar styles and great quality, I honestly like Versona a bit better.
This bell sleeve tribal print off the shoulder top is from Versona. I love the colors, the print and it’s one of those blouses that keep your snatch in at the top so you don’t feel exposed. the shorts are of course from… Old Navy! I love their shorts, as they fit me great, they last years, and they are affordable.
My accessories consist of simple cognac low gladiator sandals from JustFab, this lovely round straw purse with pom poms is from Shein. Let’s just give a moment of silence to this purse.. it’s it the cutest!!! last but not least my shades are my Betsy Johnson. Is there a Coachella part 2 this year.. cause I’m ready to go lol!
Enjoy your weekend. xo happy fashion divas!
Get The Look:
Top (similar)| Shorts | Purse | Sandals
Hi Divas – it’s officially summer! When it gets hot and humid I instantly look for a protective style for my hair. So one may ask what is a protective style and why?
- Protective styling is when you braid, twist, bun or put your hair in a style that is low maintenance that holds oil and moisture. The heat, and humidity can be very harsh on natural hair. Which can cause, it to become dry, brittle and break off.
I recently linked up with my best friend who has a soft curly hair. We decided to pick faux locs as her protective style. There’s many different ways to achieve this look, but we opted to crochet pre looped FreeTress faux locs into her hair. This was actually my first time using pre looped hair and when i say it’s one of the best hair inventions ever. I was able to wash, blow dry and install the locs all within an hour and half! See below for each step to achieve this look.
- Start off on freshly washed hair. Make sure to deep condition and oil your scalp either prior to braiding or after braiding.
- Braid your hair. The braid pattern is important to achieve the look you want. I braided a horizontal perimeter braid in the back so that my friend would be able to put her hair up if she wanted too. I started at the bottom and braided each row into each other leaving one braid loose. I eventually crocheted the loose braid into the braided hair.
- Install the locs. This is pretty simple and self explanatory. Let me know if you need a tutorial on his to install crochet hair. However you first start off by inserting your needle into one of the braids. Place the loop on the hook and make sure the claps is closed before pulling the needle outward. Once you have pulled the hair through the braid you will only need to to pull the locs through the loop once. I double knotted a few just for extra security.
- I recommend to place each loc about a dime size apart. Once you have completed the entire head you can go back and fill in any gaps.
It’s just as simple as that. I recommend to oil your scalp with tee tree oil, jamaican black castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil. I often mix in jojoba and grapeseed oil to my mixture as well. Also I like to spray leave in conditioner in my hair to keep it thoroughly moisturized. Make sure to wrap your hair up at night with a satin scarf or a braid cap.
What is one of your favorite protective styles? How do you maintain your style?
Xo happy hair divas!
Hey divas are you ready for some bbq, sun, family and friend fun? The real question is what will you be wearing this 4th of July? Well I and my blogger sister The Fab Five Fashionistas have collaborated to bring you some fashion inspiration. I had fun with this collaboration as we mixed pieces that we already had in our wardrobe! We often show you what’s new and on the racks for you to purchase however we figured it would be a great idea to show you that what’s already in your closet can be just as cute! Let me know which outfit idea you will be trying or what you will be wearing on the 4th!
First up is me. I chose to stick with the traditional red white and blue colors.. as I believe we all did! As many of you know I struggle with having chill clothes in my wardrobe. I picked this cute red and white gingham flutter sleeve t-shirt up from Versona. I pulled out these 3′ blue and white striped shorts from Old Navy. If you have not shopped Old Navy’s shorts it’s a definite must! Every summer they have shorts on sale for $10. I am sure this 4th they will have a flash sale.
I topped this outfit off with matching gingham knotted slides from Versona and a pair of sunnies form New York and Company.
Get The Look:
Shirt | Slides | Shorts (similar)
My girl Yolda always has the cutest rompers! I should have known she was going to serve up this cute light blue and dark blue pipin off the shoulder romper. First off shes is giving me yacht club vibes! Totally loving this look with the hat touch of red with the triangle bag and those gingham slides! totally cute. Check out Yolanda’s blog for all the fab details.
I and Yolanda gave you legs for days.. and Lydia is giving me shoulders. I am totally in love with this outfit. This cute red bandeau crop top goes perfectly with this midi length polka dot skirt. This outfit is perfect for a picnic, bbq or even just fun out on the town. I love how Lydia kept this look super chic but classy with the block heel sandals and tassel earrings. Head on over to Lydia’s Blog to find out all the cute details.
Mary is twinning with me in stripes. She’s totally rocking this blue and white stripe midi dress from the Gab Union line at New York and Company. I love how versatile this dress is. It can be dressed up or down. Mary did such a lovely job with pairing this dress with this straw red and blue hat, cute straw bag and added a pop of red with her cute heels. Find out all the lovely details on Mary’s blog.
Reyni definitely hit the nail on the head with this gorgeous polka dot red and white dress. It’s not the 4th of July without polka dot or stripes. Reyni kept this look classy with a simple wedge heel, cute round acrylic purse and diva shade totally loving this look. Find out all the details and more on Reyni’s blog
Which is your favorite look and what will you be wearing for the 4th? Xo happy fashion divas.
Yes it’s true I have a jumpsuit, dress, 2 piece polka dot outfit the only thing i’m missing now is a black and white polka dot skirt.. Ha I just might go and snag one. Today how would you style this two piece outfit from New York and Company. I have 2 options, however the options are endless!
Option 1: Red, black and white is always a classic look especially with polka dots! I simply paired my red Justfab lace up wedges along with this Kenneth Cole statement bag. Simple easy classic look. You can wear this to work, out on a date or simply out with the girls.
Option 2: Hot pink always looks good with black and white. Since we are living in color this summer why not go bright and bold. I pulled the hot pink from the shoes I am wearing exclusively from Justfab. I love 2 tone shoes that offer pops of color and prints. I thought this was a perfect match with this outfit.
What I love most about this 2 piece outfit is that you can always pair the top with a different pair of bottoms or the bottoms with a different top. you honestly can obtain so many great looks with this one outfit.
Which look is your favorite?
Top | Pants | Red Wedges (Karuna Ankle) | Polka Dot heels (Lena) | Pink bag (similar) | Red bag
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
Good Morning Divas,
Top of the week, and it’s Monday again. Not just any Monday but one to mke count and to enjoy! Even if it’s that same 9-5 job that you may be dreading, or are you stuck in morning rush hour traffic.. Maybe you didn’t have a good weekend, or simply you just don’t like Mondays. I’m here to tell you simply take a deep breath, smile and thank God for another day.
Whatever maybe heavy on your heart, give it to God. Let go and let God. We are called to not live in fear. I too often find myself living in fear of being a failure, or being stuck in a rut. This often leads to me being discouraged in what I have not accomplished or just how little I have accomplished.
The truth is we all have expectations of ourselves, our lives, what we should have or will obtain. However God does not operate on our time. His timeline is nothing compared to the small things we demand out of life. Get up make that pot of coffee or tea and be in encouraged in the lord for he will give you strength to push forward. You are already good but can only become great within him.
Be encouraged divas and have a good day!
You made it loves to Friday! I told myself I was going to stop living for Friday’s ad the weekend and enjoy each day as they come. Well I am still happy, no rain just sunshine.. I am in desperate need of a beach, lemonade a good sun bath so I can look like a toasted Almond lol.
Okay so let’s get right into this look. I have been working on my weekend chill vibes look, as I have so many professional clothing.. but I am doing better… I think? This 2 piece short outfit is from Shein. Shein is becoming one of my alternative favorite online boutique to snag cute little outfits like this. It’s cheap and gets you through. This outfit also comes in white floral and is under $20.
I decided to pair this outfit with hot pink. It just needed a pop of color, and hot pink did the trick. From my old but goodie Coach flats to my hot pink headwrap, my light pink Betsey Johnson sunnies top this look off.
How do you take simple outfits and make them pop? XO happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look:
2 Piece Shorts Set | Flats
This has been long overdue. I have finally decided to add a lifestyle portion to my blog with style of course! I wanted to incorporate this section to challenge myself and to share my real life journey with you. I do to have challenges and although some of my pictures maybe nice, I have struggles just like everyone else. There will be a few sub categories that you will be able to choose form.
- Get Lifted: Here I will be discussing motivation, inspiration quotes to get you lifted. I and my husband are very religious and love doing bible study, doing a morning daily devotional. However life happens and sometimes we let “stuff” get in the way. I figured this would be a good way for me to share with you as well holding myself accountable of reading the word and making sure I doing my part to society as being a loyal Christian! So “Get Lifted” with me
- Food For The Soul: This is all thing food. Some of my favorite restaurants, recipes, what I am currently craving..healthy things of course :).
- Work It Out: Will be my most challenging section of all. As I have never ever truly had to “work out” working out for me equated to losing weight which was always a fear of mine. However as I get older and wiser..i know i need to workout to always be healthy. I will go into more detail about what it means to be a skinny girl and working out.
- Emanee Hair Trendz: If you have been following me for a while, you would know I use to have this section o my blog and then I removed it. Well guess what it’s back!I love anything hair! from, braids, blowouts, twist outs, sew in, natural hair, permed hair.. trending hair products you name it I love it. I will e sharing some helpful hair tips. Most of these tips and tricks anyone can use.
Come along with me on this journey as you will view my life in style.
xo happy life divas.
Good morning Divas,
This is my first healthy food get ready and go breakfast post!! Because my mornings are on the go. i usually meal prep my lunch and make breakfast fresh in the morning for I and my husband. I am not a breakfast person at all.. there’s a some history behind why I dislike it. If you have a sensitive stomach like me then you most likely skip breakfast. I am lactose, so milk, donuts (which are not healthy) relatively anything oily, anything super heavy all hurt my stomach. So I had to find what was easy simple and that would be great to get my morning started.
First up is Avocado toast. Avocados are very healthy, as they are packed with nutrients, fiber, potassium and essential vitamins. Many people use avocados as in exchange for butter. I just love them in salads, burgers, as guacamole on tacos, or by themselves.
Here are some quick easy steps on how to make this delicious snack or breakfast.
- Toast; You can use whatever toast you enjoy.. but try to use a whole wheat bread, multigrain something with more substance. Today I am using cinnamon raisin bread, I am going for the sweet and savory taste. Brown your toast in a toaster to your liking
- Avocado: make sure you are picking a ripe but firm avocado. if you don’t know how to pick a good one, it’s easy. Simple pull out the core at the top if it’s black it’s rotten, if its green it’s not ready, if it’s yellow it’s just right. You can also squeeze it a bit and if it’s to soft like really soft the likelihood of it being good is very very slim.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Take a spoon and remove the green goodness. Place into a bowl and begin to mash with a fork. Season the avocado lightly with salt and pepper. When smooth or to your liking place on your toasted bread.
That’s it! Now you can garnish this with more toppings such as eggs, tomatoes, strawberries, feta cheese, fish, red chili flakes, the list goes on. Experiment and let me know what you come up with.