Hey Divas its Faith in Fashion time. This month I have been so motivated by my peers! Ones especially with black owned businesses. I wanted to highlight a friend of mine, who is multitalented, educated and always in good spirits. We all have heard the alarming teen obesity rate is up, according to chilhoodobesity.org we are looking at a rang of 14.5% – 26.1% ranging from age groups 2-18. that is insane! There are so many factors besides eating right, but your family foundation, a healthy environment, stability, love the list goes on. So let’s dive a little deeper into what exactly Johnathan is up to!
Meet Jonathan Marsland
Johnathan Marsland, a Creative Director, Entrepreneur as a Youth Track Coach, Clothing Designer and Gym Owner has tapped into something that today’s youth need! Being fit, healthy and motivated. The youth is our future and It all starts with them. Keeping them fit, educated and smart about fitness and healthy eating is my goal. So I have created three platforms which all work together in some form or fashion. From working out in my gym to running at my track and field program and lastly designing great sport apparel to look and feel good.”
Track Genius Fitness Lab
The Lab! doesn’t this sound strong, like you are about to learn something and become a new person! I having a marketing background love this name Track Genius fitness Lab! The Track Genius Fitness Lab “The Lab” is a training gym located in Nyack, NY where personal training for the youth is provided as well as some of the parents.
- The goal is to cultivate a relationship with the athletes during the off season and to keep them in shape so they can be on top of their game.
- All athletes are welcomed, no matter what sport they are involved in. This keeps them focused and relieves stress, pressure that they may be faced with .
- The training builds the youths confidence and makes them realize there goals and mission.
Rock City Striders Track and Field Club
As if the “Lab” wasn’t enough since 2011 Jonathan has teamed up with the local community to make an impact for children between the ages 5 to 16. Rock City Striders Track and Field Club is a community based non profit track and field program. Programs like this are hard to find anywhere. Not only is it one of its kind in Rockland County New York but it strives to enable children to develop their own athletic potential but to learn core life values. Some being: discipline, leadership, sportsmanship, responsibility and character! This program is found nowhere else in the track and field world! Core mission of this program is:
- Rock City Striders mission and vision is to provide a quality program for each youth and their families through a constructive track and field experience that is based on individual development and performance.
- To instill core values in each of our athletes that will ensure their success both on and off the track, with the support of parents and community; and to help improve the quality of life for both youth and families through physical fitness and health & wellness education.
Speed City Edition
All this workout.. getting fit talk got me loosing pounds just writing this blog! Okay okay let me hush up my non workout tail. However You all know my thing is fashion and guess what there’s an apparel line to go with all of this fitness fun!Speed City Edition was actually birthed by Jonathan’s own two wonderful children. the idea is for youth to collaborate with other athletes with great ideas to create and design workout apparel that appeals to them! Let’s be real we all love Nike, Puma, Adidas, reebok but how cool is for you tot design your own workout gear. This is so awesome because it elevates the youth mind and actually puts them in an entrepreneur mindset. So far Speed City Edition has done have done 5 collaborations with Bow Athletics, I Am Flight, and Chasin Greatness to name a few. These collaboration have been majorly successful.
- This allows teens to have the opportunity to grow, learn, understand business values, earn money all while being creative at the sametime.
- A platform to building na stronger youth within the community
Jonathan like to call this movement “For Youth by Youth”!
Speed City Edition
Are you feeling motivated yet? If not I can sure tell you I am! This is the type of things I love to read about. Jonathan and these companies are most definitely hidden gems right here in our own neighborhood! We need to elevate and uplift programs and business like this more often. I believe that we all get so fascinated with name brands and what’s currently trending, awhile there is something right in front of us! I want to encourage you to step out of your comfort zone including me and start striving to do something different, weather it is building a business, taking a course to learn something new, writing out goals of what you are going to accomplish.. or in my case start working out! 🙂 I want to Give my friend Jonathan a special thanks for allowing me to conduct this cover story on him and his businesses and if you are in the New York area hit him up for some training! None of us win if we don’t support!
Xo Happy Monday Divas