I love soup during the cold weather…don’t you? Yes Soup and salad is one of my favorite classic meals. It’s fast and an easy meal that you can also use a meal prep! I am so here for meal prep. Let me know if you want me to give you some meal prep ideas and recipes.
• 1 bag of cubed frozen or fresh potatoes (bag/not frozen: simply potatoes) if using fresh cook time will vary
• 1 bag of shredded sharp cheese or mozzarella- which ever you prefer… I sometimes use both!
• 1 stick of cream cheese, 8 oz – you can use nonfat crème cheese
• 2 lbs, 32 oz of chicken broth
• ¼ cup of chopped onion
• ¼ cup of bell pepper
• 1 can of cream of chicken soup
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Crock pot
Now let the magic begin!
Pour the potatoes, cream of chicken, onion, bell peppers, and the chicken pot in the crock pot. Give it a nice stir. You crock pot should be on low temp as you will cook this for 6 hours on low. If you are using the fresh unfrozen potatoes cook for 4 hours. Place the lid on top and frequently check on your fixings. About 30 minutes before your 4 hour 6 hour mark, layer in some of your shredded cheese and cream cheese to your desire. The more cream cheese the thicker your soup will be. You can always add more chicken broth to thin it out. You will now also add in salt and pepper to taste.
Let that simmer and melt…
Bam! That’s it creamy potato soup. If you would like to kick this recipe up a notch try adding shredded chicken, bacon chives on top and broccoli!! Yummy. Please let me know if you tried this recipe and how you liked it!
Bon appetite divas.
Hey Divas, So I Might Be Vegan! Okay Okay you all know I love to eat everything I can get my hands on except mushrooms. Ha okay so my girl Kimberly of Might Be Vegan reached out to me to try out her monthly vegan recipe subscription. Sure why not.. there was a time in my life where I considered myself a vegetarian.. Well it’s only because “Kosher” meat was hard to come by.
However if you are vegan and are looking for great recipes or maybe thinking about it.. this is a great place to start! You Can start off with the 7 Day Jumpstart to vegan challenge for $11.95 or the In home Meal Planning subscription for $25/mo. Take you pick you won’t be disappointed! I opted to for the in home meal planning subscription and it has been an amazing experience. Plants never tasted so good!
I tried a few of the dishes and I honestly wished I had snapped a picture, but my hungry tail couldn’t wait to dig in! Hands down I never thought I could cook a vegan dish so good, but I did. Kim’s recipes and instruction made is easy to follow and to create a masterpiece! If you still aren’t sure Why not order some of Kim’s food for Thanksgiving. She is making Thanksgiving easy for you , family and friends! See all information below!
Are you ready to take the walk to a plant base diet..? I’m not giving up meat however these are great alternatives to healthy eating!! I will be trying more of Kimberly’s recipes will you? Don’t forget to check out Kims website “Might Be Vegan” and instagram to stay update don new recipes, deals and events!
Good morning Divas,
This is my first healthy food get ready and go breakfast post!! Because my mornings are on the go. i usually meal prep my lunch and make breakfast fresh in the morning for I and my husband. I am not a breakfast person at all.. there’s a some history behind why I dislike it. If you have a sensitive stomach like me then you most likely skip breakfast. I am lactose, so milk, donuts (which are not healthy) relatively anything oily, anything super heavy all hurt my stomach. So I had to find what was easy simple and that would be great to get my morning started.
First up is Avocado toast. Avocados are very healthy, as they are packed with nutrients, fiber, potassium and essential vitamins. Many people use avocados as in exchange for butter. I just love them in salads, burgers, as guacamole on tacos, or by themselves.
Here are some quick easy steps on how to make this delicious snack or breakfast.
- Toast; You can use whatever toast you enjoy.. but try to use a whole wheat bread, multigrain something with more substance. Today I am using cinnamon raisin bread, I am going for the sweet and savory taste. Brown your toast in a toaster to your liking
- Avocado: make sure you are picking a ripe but firm avocado. if you don’t know how to pick a good one, it’s easy. Simple pull out the core at the top if it’s black it’s rotten, if its green it’s not ready, if it’s yellow it’s just right. You can also squeeze it a bit and if it’s to soft like really soft the likelihood of it being good is very very slim.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Take a spoon and remove the green goodness. Place into a bowl and begin to mash with a fork. Season the avocado lightly with salt and pepper. When smooth or to your liking place on your toasted bread.
That’s it! Now you can garnish this with more toppings such as eggs, tomatoes, strawberries, feta cheese, fish, red chili flakes, the list goes on. Experiment and let me know what you come up with.