Hey Divas its Faith in Fashion time. This month I have been so motivated by my peers! Ones especially with black owned businesses. I wanted to highlight a friend of mine, who is multitalented, educated and always in good spirits. We all have heard the alarming teen obesity rate is up, according to chilhoodobesity.org we are looking at a rang of 14.5% – 26.1% ranging from age groups 2-18. that is insane! There are so many factors besides eating right, but your family foundation, a healthy environment, stability, love the list goes on. So let’s dive a little deeper into what exactly Johnathan is up to!
Meet Jonathan Marsland
Johnathan Marsland, a Creative Director, Entrepreneur as a Youth Track Coach, Clothing Designer and Gym Owner has tapped into something that today’s youth need! Being fit, healthy and motivated. The youth is our future and It all starts with them. Keeping them fit, educated and smart about fitness and healthy eating is my goal. So I have created three platforms which all work together in some form or fashion. From working out in my gym to running at my track and field program and lastly designing great sport apparel to look and feel good.”
Track Genius Fitness Lab
The Lab! doesn’t this sound strong, like you are about to learn something and become a new person! I having a marketing background love this name Track Genius fitness Lab! The Track Genius Fitness Lab “The Lab” is a training gym located in Nyack, NY where personal training for the youth is provided as well as some of the parents.
- The goal is to cultivate a relationship with the athletes during the off season and to keep them in shape so they can be on top of their game.
- All athletes are welcomed, no matter what sport they are involved in. This keeps them focused and relieves stress, pressure that they may be faced with .
- The training builds the youths confidence and makes them realize there goals and mission.
Rock City Striders Track and Field Club
- Rock City Striders mission and vision is to provide a quality program for each youth and their families through a constructive track and field experience that is based on individual development and performance.
- To instill core values in each of our athletes that will ensure their success both on and off the track, with the support of parents and community; and to help improve the quality of life for both youth and families through physical fitness and health & wellness education.
Speed City Edition
- This allows teens to have the opportunity to grow, learn, understand business values, earn money all while being creative at the sametime.
- A platform to building na stronger youth within the community
Jonathan like to call this movement “For Youth by Youth”!