Spring and summer are all about being colorful. With this outfit I know I mastered just that. I love mixing colors, prints and textures. It allows my creativity to be free and unique.
With this outfit I went all in with the colors. Here are a few helpful tips to achieve a multicolor outfit with a print.
- Choose either a shirt, skirt, pants or shorts with a bold and big print. weather it’s on top or bottom that doesn’t make a difference
- Pick a sold color shirt or bottom or a complimentary print that is either small or large in size.
- When this i done correctly your print and solid or print on print should even out. Where one does not look heavy on the top or bottom.
- As far as my accessories, I chose one of the colors from the skirt, and chose an opposite color for my shoes.
This skirt offers a bold multi-colored abstract print, that I absolutely adore. Only $13 from Shein official, I couldn’t help myself but to snag it. Please note that this skirt comes in one size fit all I am very small and petite and it fit me just right. however it does have an elastic stretch band in the back. The fringe in my purse provides the texture and my shoes provide simplicity. This outfit is super easy and I love the slogan Yas Curl! why? because my curls are popping. Check out hello tee for fun sayings that support natural hair and black culture.
Are you brave enough to rock and outfit as bold as this? Let me know in the comment section below.
Xo happy fashion divas
Skirt | Tee | Wedge heels
Hi divas, it’s almost the weekend which means Mother’s Day! Are any of you planning something special for your mom, aunt’s, second moms.. or anyone in your life that is a mom to you? I have something special up my sleeve for the blog.. catch me in a few days so you can see what it is.
Until then I am bringing sexy back.. for some reason I have that Justin Timberlake song in my head. I kinda needed to get that out of my system. But yes it’s been a while since I brought you a grown and sexy look and I thought this dress was perfect! Form the Eva Longoria line, this body-con stretchy form fitting strip dress is amazing! it hugs all the right curves and the pattern makes the perfect statement. Look at the front pattern compared to the back, it’s that awesome!
Pairing this one of a kind dress with pops of yellow did the trick. Wearing my favorite yellow pumps from JustFab along with my yellow bag from Charming Charlie tops off this outfit..
How are you bringing sexy back? or maybe sexy never left 🙂
xo happy fashion divas.
Dress |Heels (similar)|
Many of you know that I struggled with showing my legs, or wearing a bikini. However it has taken me 32 years to dare to show my belly. I know get over yourself? Sometimes confidence comes in all forms, any showing skin wasn’t mine. However After trying this outfit on.. I didn’t look so bad after all.
Whelp it’s Friday and I am letting it..just a bit hang out..It’s warm and it’s time to welcome that melanin glow! This 2 pieces is from TJMaxx and is giving me super bohemian vibes. I love loose fitting pants like this. One they are perfect for the air to flow through on a hot day and two they make me look like I have a booty (lol). The matching off the shoulder top is a no brainier as it’s the perfect length to almost hit the high waisted pants. I paired this look with a weaved color block purse that I found at the Goodwill for $5. Sun hat? why not I love hats, this was actually a gift form years ago. Did I tell you that I am totally loving espadrilles right now? Well I have always had a love for them, however DSW has been getting me right with these deals! These back lace tie up espadrilles and are by Nanette Lepore. They are no longer available online as they were on the clearance rack. So check your local DSW for these beauties.
What are your weekend plans? My business travel was a success now it’s time to get some rest!
xo happy fashion divas.
Two Piece outfit (Take your pick) | Espadrilles | Purse (take your pick)
Bold colors and prints are a must have this spring and summer. Polka dot in particular is hot! Ranging from black, blue, reds the polka dot color options are endless. Polka dot print never goes in or out of style, it’s something that should always be a staple piece in your wardrobe. Prints like this can be dressed up or down. Don’t be afraid to wear sneakers, or t-shirts with statement prints. Try it you just may like it. Le’t get into this outfit.
Just FYI this entire outfit is from New York and Company.. and all items are currently on sale! I am totally loving this Viva La Cuba t shirt from the Eva Mendes collection. I usually would rock this with a pair of jeans or skinny leg trousers. But I had to go bold and pair it with the polka dot skirt.. Well Eva did it best! The circle skirt has pockets with a small side v slit. I decided to make this outfit pop by pairing my orange pumps with this outfit. bringing out the orange from the top to the bottom is the perfect match! Another color that i tried was hot pink. Play around with colors and prints to find your perfect match.
Don’t let spring slip away with out jazzing it up in bold prints and colors!
xo Happy Fashion Divas.
Top (similar)|Skirt | Pumps (Similar)
Divas I’m serving you 5 fab tips for your date night. let’s dive right in.
- Location: knowing where you are going is key. If it’s a surprise try to play it safe and pick an outfit that is not to casual and not to dressy. However my family and friends always say I am over the top.. and I must admit, I can be at times but at least I stay true to myself. I always usually dress fancy when going out.
- Good under garments: I am flat chested.. that’s no secret.. I am def apart of the itty-bitty-titty committee but that does NOT stop me from wearing a good supportive bra. Yes supportive because I have to fake it till I make it :). Panties matter too. If you are not a thong girl you can always find seamless underwear at Victoria Secret, Macy’s, Dillards or even TJMAXX. I repeat do not..do not wear form fitting clothes and have your pantie line showing. That’s a complete no no.
- Dress for your body type: If this is a date with a special someone. you want to put your best foot forward. I say this because we all want to be respected and love for who we are on the inside.. not the outside. treat yourself with respect first by dressing appropriately to your size.
- Hair & Makeup:
- Hair: Yes this matters. Most women know this. However I allow the clothes to speak to me and dictate weather I wear my hair up, down, bun, or curly. usually sleek looks like a good body wave or a bun look good for date nights. but you be the one to choose. (Let me know if you would like for me to post date night hairstyles)
- Makeup: I am not one to totally speak on makeup as I barely wear any. However I like to believe less is more.. Show your inner beauty and let the makeup accentuate what you already have.
- Shoes: I like to find shoes that will add color or a pattern to my outfit. There are so many varieties out to today to fit your specific style and foot needs. Try JustFab who even carry wide width. DSW is my next favorite one stop shop.
- Jewelry : Depending if you are dressing fancy or casual, simple hoops, or diamond drop studs are always staple jewelry pieces for me. I always like to have a single solitaire diamond necklace and a bracelet to spice things up. Macy’s, Charming Charlie, or even New York and Company always have great deals on fashion statement jewelry.
- Purse: Make sure your purse is big but cute enough to hold these essentials: lipstick or lip balm, tissue, phone, wallet, keys, travel perfume, gum or mint, touch up makeup and some cash.
- Cover up: depending on what season it is.. don’t be afraid to carry a light sweater or a cute leather jacket just in case it gets cold.
What are some of your favorite date night tips?
xo happy fashion divas.
Get The Look:
Dress | Clutch (similar)| Heels (Name: Lena-similar)
Doesn’t spring make you think of bright colors, hats and the races? Well I have actually never been to the races.. which is crazy because I grew up in California and the Del Mar Race track is right there.. maybe I can venture to the races soon with my hubster! that would be fun.
This outfit is giving me Audrey Hepburn “My Fair Lady” when she wore the big hat at the races 🙂 I love Audrey and her classic style. Of course New York and Company got me right on this look. I am in love with these paper bag waist tapered pants. Bright daffodil yellow is such a great color as it’s bold but sexy I paired these pants with a statement black and white blouse. The cute details on this blouse are amazing form it’s bell pleated sleeves to the bow tie back closure. I decided to wear my studded black strapped heels with these just to elevate the look.. And why not add a matching stripe hat to top off the look.
How would you wear this look?
Xo happy fashion divas.
Get The Look:
Blouse | Pants | Shoes
Booties, booties, booties.. You can’t have a perfect winter without booties! I have been slowly making my collection of booties for the fall and winter, how crazy is it that I didn’t have this amazing taupe color! The key to having a great shoe-drobe is to start off with the basics. Make sure you have your black, brown, taupe, cognac, sometimes blue. I say sometimes because blue can be hard to find. Lately blue has made statement and you can’t miss it. Styles are often limited so if you see a good pair grab them!
Now back to this beautiful faux suede goddess. Her name is Sansa and the heel height is 3′. Awesome to give your figure that awesome lift and perfect for walking or standing. I am so loving the thick heel trend right now, because “no lie” the stiletto’s were killing my feet.. however don’t sleep on stilettos.
“Stiletto pumps, in the club,
Whoeva thought that these girls would get crunk,
Stiletto pumps, in tha club,
Whoeva thought that these girls would get crunk
We rockin stilettos *&^%”
Who remembers that song.. anyways.. Divas these shoes are a must have this winter.. This bootie is a year around shoe, perfect for all seasons and easy to dress up or down.
If you have not signed up to be a JustFab VIP member , what are you waiting for? You will find fab deals and cute shoes like this year around. I have left my personal link for you to enjoy your first pair of shoes for only $10 with free shipping!
Xo Happy Fashion Divas
Get The Look:
As we get closer to the end of the year I have been in chill mode and strategically writing out next years goals. This year was epic as I got married and I have so much to be thankful for! I have been doing a lot of reflecting and trying to figure out what else is there that I can do.. do in my spare time to positively effect someone else’s life.
Enough of me rambling let’s get into this quick simple outfit. Burnt orange or maybe you call it rust.. this honeycomb knit sweater from Forever 21 is the perfect match with this handmade coyote fur vest. Keeping it simple with these dark wash skinny stretch leggings from NY & Co. topping this look off with my tall rust boots from JustFab! That was easy!
Stay warm this winter!
xo Happy Fashion Divas.
Get This Look:
Vest (similar)| Sweater| Leggings | Boots (name: Zobia)
Don’t you love it when your outfit is warm comfy and bedazzled.. YESSSS hunny slay for the fashion GAWDS. This outfit from NY&Co gave me life!! No joke divas I have a hard time with dressing down.. particularly in sweats. So when I saw these bedazzle joggers and this sequined #blessed hoodie I had to have it!!! In all honesty these to pieces were not made to go with each other but in my fashion mind they were meant for each other! To make this look extra cozy I slipper on this puffer vest and blue knitted pom pom hat.
Let’s take a minute for these booties………………………………ladies these booties right here……are of course from JustFab. they come in metallic, burgundy and black.. super comfortable and are a show stopper! Super chill, cute and bedazzled look for those cold winter days.
xo Happy Fashion DIvas
Get The Look
Hoodie (Similar)| Joggers| Vest| Beenie| Booties (Name: Magnolia)
And I’m ready to sing
Pick up my girls and hit the party scene
Tonight, oh it’s alright”
Now let me here you say “Back, back forth and forth” Aye Aye.. I am having my own party it’s FRIDAY!!!
I am such in a chill mood right now that’s why this outfit is perfect for the first day of Fall! Red, black and white are always in style especially worn as sweats. Lace detailing and sweatshirts are a must have in your wardrobe this fall and winter! This popping red sweatshirt matches perfectly with the black joggers accented with a red and white stripe down the side. The sweatshirt is not originally cropped but this is giving me more of that 90’s Aaliyah vibe. This entire outfit is from NY&Co. For accessories, I decided to jazz this outfit with these leopard print Cole Haan slip on sneakers along with this leopard print clutch. The clutch was a bargain find at Hobby Lobby for $2!
Enjoy the first day of Fall and your weekend! Xo happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look
Sweatshirt |Joggers |Sneakers