Hey divas, I’m back with a special collaboration today. I am collaborating with some of my soul sisters. I have been living in Georgia for 4 years now and honestly I’m just now finding true friends that share the same love for fashion of course, women empowerment, self love, morals, values and standards. This collaboration is special because this is a collaboration with my new ATL girl squad our theme… can you guess?
Okay so here are 5 reasons why you need a #girlsquad.
- Accountability: Have women in your squad that will hold you accountable. Somobeone that will make sure you ar doin g what you should and not what you think.
- Friendship: We all need love and friendship. But friendship with a set of women that make you live, laugh and love and that will be honest about what you say, or wear. Yep then that’s a friend. I am the type of person that will pick lint from your head, place your shirt tag back inside your shirt. I’m loyal and I cherish my friends.
- unique balance: the ladies in my squad all are unique. We all bring different qualities and attributes that make us all different but provides a central balance amongst us all. Ladies let’s be real it’s known for us not to get along…. let me say it again… we are known to be petty shady and yes double cross each other if it benefits ourselves. However surround yourself around women who value you and will be that balance in your life. For example you always. Red hat silly one in the group because when you are down you can always count on that one person to make you smile! I amknow for being an over the top diva. But these ladies are also over the top diva in their own way and I absolutely love it.
- Growth: this is very important. As I look back over the years I can definitely see my growth in life… and you should too. But that didn’t just happen because of me. 1. Is God of course. 2. Family 3. My girl squad. Make sure you have people who are always pushing you to do better. Just as much as you empowering them. We all have dreams and goals and yes life gets hard. But we are all in thsinto win! Even if winning means making it till tomorrow. It always good to have long and short term goals to achieve and make sure your girls hold you accountable!
- Empower: this go hand in hand with growth. In order to grow you must be empowered. Who or what do you find inspiration from. My true inspiration has come from my other and as I meet more beautiful young women I beocme more empowered. Empowered to do better, to do more, to empower other women to love the skin their in…. yep that’s my tag line for my blog! But it trust love you and you will be able to have a bomb girl squad!
- Is my bonus most of all have fun. Life is so short and life happens daily. Don’t get caught in a rut. Live tou life to the fullest and why not do that with your girl squad!
I am sure you all are dying to find out all the details on our outfits. As I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs that animal is trending for this fall and winter. So me and the girls decided to do our own take on how we would style animal print.
Up first me of course. I decided to do a simple all black 2 piece outfit. If you know me I love 2 piece outfits. I see them as very versatile and you can make endless options by matching th skit or top with with a different item in your closet. This 2 piece out comes from New York and Company from the Eva Mendes collection. The top is actually a bodysuit and I usually wear a size xsmall but this fits small. I had to size up.
I decided to add leopard print assecories with a belt and earrings from Rue 21, purse was gifted but it’s Betsy Johnson, and my oh so lovely booties from ShoeDazzle.
Thats it keep it simple and classy.
Get The Look:
My girl Kisha is all thing classy and vintage. I truly love how she always stays true to her self and always breaks the “fashion boundaries” in a unique way. I had no idea what any of these ladies were going to wear but we all decided that Black was a good common ground in out outfits. I love how she took a classic look of a pinstripe ruffle coloutte with a high neck blouse. She added the leopard print with her bag and shoes and don’t forget her cute fishnet bow socks. For more details on her look check out her blog and make sure to follower her Instagram for daily inspiration
I will forever say that’s Daniesha does an amazing job with mixing basics with classy pieces. This is an area I lack in. So I have definitely been taking some tips from her. I love how she took a simple screen T-shirt and jazzed it up with this lovely circle leopard print skirt. She topped this look off with a cute hat, knee high boots and the perfect little purse. Find out all the sweet details on her blog by clicking here make sure to follow her on Instagram to get daily inspiration.
Do you have a girl squad? Are you trending this fall and winter with animal print? Let me know your thoughts. Xo happy fashion Divas.
Hey divas my girls and I are back at it again with another collaboration. We decided to choose something simple and style it however our fashion heats desired. Can you guess what we chose? It’s no secret that these divas love New York and Company and Gabrielle Unions collection. We are truly promoting her motto #Alltogethernow with this super chic T-shirt. Let’s dive into everyone’s look below.
I call my outfit the edgy or bad ass of the group. I chose to pair this cute Gabrielle Union t-shirt with of course a pair of soho ripped jeans from New York & Company. I stayed with this the,e by playing with accessories, with a leather hat, shades and of course the, bomb embroidered booties from shoedazzle. I truly enjoy collaborating with my girl gang. How would you style this this Gabrielle union T-shirt?
Get The Look:
Next up is my twin Yolanda. Out of us 5 we decided to pair our look with Jeans! Thats right. Yolanda and I can get on motorcycle right now and ride out look hot and as a pair of Boss Chicks! Ha I love her look as she came with these 2 toned jeans also form the Gabriell Union collection along with these soft camel color booties! Let’s not forget her patrol purse that is to die for! Shop her look on her blog!
My next 3 blogger sisters decided to pair their looks with skirts. but first lets take a look at Mary’s outfit. Can I say Hot fire. This looks says fierce, classy and hot fire with those red booties! Do I need to even break down this look.. Love how she paired this simple T with such a classic sellout wrap skirt also from the Gabrielle Union Collection. To top this look off she added just the right pop of color “red” to finish off this look. Head on over to Mary’s blog to shop her look.
Reyni look is giving us… When Gabby meet’s Eva. She fixed New York & Company’s top designers collections to create this amazing look. Im totally loving the classic denim peplum skirt that gives the perfect silhouette to this T-shirt. Reni went with a longline blazer vest, heels and a floral bag to kick this look up a notch! Shop her look o her blog!
wrapping this collaboration up with Lydia’s dynamite royal or is this cobalt blue skirt form the Gabrielle Union collection adds the perfect punch to the t-shirt. This skirt is another classic style as it elongates Lydia’s legs and accentuates her curves. She did an awesome job with her accessories to top this look off!! Shop Lydia’s look on her blog!
I love my bloggers sisters. Each are so unique and I absolutely love each of their styles. Which one is your favorite. make sure to shop everyone looks with the links I left above. Xo Happy Fashion Divas!
We all draw inspiration from somewhere or someone. I remember growing up getting my first job at Seaworld with one of my best friends and earning our very first paycheck! We were so excited and all we could think about was going shopping! That’s exactly what we did. My mom took us to the San Ysidro Outlet is San Diego, CA. We shopped at Papaya the Nike outlet, Forever 21 and a few other stores. I saw this because we were totally bestie to the point we bought matching outfits. I am going to try my hardest to find some pictures of us matching! okay So I couldn’t find it.. Vanessa if you got it send it over lol!!
Today I don’t find myself matching with any women but gaining inspiration from my blogger sisters. Today I took some classy and fashionable inspo from my blogger sister Danni Howard the Modern.Day.Classic. She’s super fun, has a great classy style but makes it modern for the everyday women! I totally love it and her.
With that being said dive into this classic look.
I love stripes, from pants, jackets, blouses purses. Stripes can add pop to a classic look or make you look bold and edgy! In this case. I found these crop wide leg split ankle paperbag pants… (whew that was a lot) from TJMAXX. These light weight pants serve for a blend between going to work and or a weekend vibe. I paired these pants with a simple chiffon tank blouse also from TJMAXX for only $7.99!
Keeping this look simple and classy, I chose to pair this outfit with complimentary blush pink block heels. My odd shape shiny pink bag is a perfect match. Both heels and purse are from Justfab.
I’m in love with this look and if I had pink espadrilles I would have wore them just like Danni did!Let me know if you style an outfit like this or how would you style your stripe pants?
xo Happy Fashion Divas!
Get The Look:
So the truth is.. I missed the Coachella 2018.. but that doesn’t mean this outfit isn’t giving me hippie, bohemian Coachella vibes! It’s friday and boy am I ready to enjoy some sun! I’m going to keep it short and simple today. I have been featuring clothes from Versona more on the blog as I used to shop there when I lived in Virginia. Versona is the same boutique as Cato Fashion. They have similar styles and great quality, I honestly like Versona a bit better.
This bell sleeve tribal print off the shoulder top is from Versona. I love the colors, the print and it’s one of those blouses that keep your snatch in at the top so you don’t feel exposed. the shorts are of course from… Old Navy! I love their shorts, as they fit me great, they last years, and they are affordable.
My accessories consist of simple cognac low gladiator sandals from JustFab, this lovely round straw purse with pom poms is from Shein. Let’s just give a moment of silence to this purse.. it’s it the cutest!!! last but not least my shades are my Betsy Johnson. Is there a Coachella part 2 this year.. cause I’m ready to go lol!
Enjoy your weekend. xo happy fashion divas!
Get The Look:
I truly am a grandma at heart. I have always been called an old soul, or the little old lady from Pasadena-that my sister calls me. But this outfit truly take me to my inner old lady. why because this is something my mom or grandma would wear. My mom isn’t an old lady but she’s a grandma so she fits into that category!
This outfit is not made for old women but just embraces that old ole 70’s vibes mixed with modern flare. Eva Mendes does a great job with embracing her culture, heritage and inspirations form her loved ones. I absolutely love this denim chambray ruffle skirt. It comes with a denim belt, and lime green and purple buttons down the front. I can’t get enough of this carmel colored crochet sleeveless top. It is so light weight and just goes perfectly with this skirt.
I topped this look off with my colorful head wrap from Bold looks and headwraps, a crochet side satchel and matching brown block heels.
This look is so simple and cute and can be worn anywhere.. I just may wear this to work this week :)!
Get The Look:
I am so excited that I will be visiting my bff. I will be traveling to Pittsburgh to rondevu with my clueless homie! So I decided to make this another simple blog. If you follow me on instagram you would have seen that this was actually reposted by the one and only Gabrielle Union and New York and Company themselves! So exciting to recognized by my favorite boutique and designer!
This entire outfit can be found at New York and Company under the Gabrielle Union Collection tab. Chambray denim.. I used to call this knock off denim but it’s not. It’s perfect for spring and summer as it’s light, soft and will match with almost anything. I love the balloon sleeve detailing as well as the tie front. I will admit that when I first put this shirt on it fit tight and that’s only because I failed to realize that there’s a hidden zipper on the side.. ( I must have been that excited to get it on)
This skirt is A-Mazing! it’s perforated with a gorgeous tropical multicolored take me to the jungle print lol. It comes with a light under lining just right to keep you cool in the summer.
I paired this outfit with a simple cage creme heel from Justfab. These shoes are so comfortable and I honestly thought about putting yellow with this outfit instead of this neutral color but it works!
How would you style this outfit?
Get The Look:
Yes it’s true I have a jumpsuit, dress, 2 piece polka dot outfit the only thing i’m missing now is a black and white polka dot skirt.. Ha I just might go and snag one. Today how would you style this two piece outfit from New York and Company. I have 2 options, however the options are endless!
Option 1: Red, black and white is always a classic look especially with polka dots! I simply paired my red Justfab lace up wedges along with this Kenneth Cole statement bag. Simple easy classic look. You can wear this to work, out on a date or simply out with the girls.
Option 2: Hot pink always looks good with black and white. Since we are living in color this summer why not go bright and bold. I pulled the hot pink from the shoes I am wearing exclusively from Justfab. I love 2 tone shoes that offer pops of color and prints. I thought this was a perfect match with this outfit.
What I love most about this 2 piece outfit is that you can always pair the top with a different pair of bottoms or the bottoms with a different top. you honestly can obtain so many great looks with this one outfit.
Which look is your favorite?
You made it loves to Friday! I told myself I was going to stop living for Friday’s ad the weekend and enjoy each day as they come. Well I am still happy, no rain just sunshine.. I am in desperate need of a beach, lemonade a good sun bath so I can look like a toasted Almond lol.
Okay so let’s get right into this look. I have been working on my weekend chill vibes look, as I have so many professional clothing.. but I am doing better… I think? This 2 piece short outfit is from Shein. Shein is becoming one of my alternative favorite online boutique to snag cute little outfits like this. It’s cheap and gets you through. This outfit also comes in white floral and is under $20.
I decided to pair this outfit with hot pink. It just needed a pop of color, and hot pink did the trick. From my old but goodie Coach flats to my hot pink headwrap, my light pink Betsey Johnson sunnies top this look off.
How do you take simple outfits and make them pop? XO happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look:
This has been long overdue. I have finally decided to add a lifestyle portion to my blog with style of course! I wanted to incorporate this section to challenge myself and to share my real life journey with you. I do to have challenges and although some of my pictures maybe nice, I have struggles just like everyone else. There will be a few sub categories that you will be able to choose form.
- Get Lifted: Here I will be discussing motivation, inspiration quotes to get you lifted. I and my husband are very religious and love doing bible study, doing a morning daily devotional. However life happens and sometimes we let “stuff” get in the way. I figured this would be a good way for me to share with you as well holding myself accountable of reading the word and making sure I doing my part to society as being a loyal Christian! So “Get Lifted” with me
- Food For The Soul: This is all thing food. Some of my favorite restaurants, recipes, what I am currently craving..healthy things of course :).
- Work It Out: Will be my most challenging section of all. As I have never ever truly had to “work out” working out for me equated to losing weight which was always a fear of mine. However as I get older and wiser..i know i need to workout to always be healthy. I will go into more detail about what it means to be a skinny girl and working out.
- Emanee Hair Trendz: If you have been following me for a while, you would know I use to have this section o my blog and then I removed it. Well guess what it’s back!I love anything hair! from, braids, blowouts, twist outs, sew in, natural hair, permed hair.. trending hair products you name it I love it. I will e sharing some helpful hair tips. Most of these tips and tricks anyone can use.
Come along with me on this journey as you will view my life in style.
xo happy life divas.
Follow Emanees Closet
|Emanee's Closet on How To Style – Basic Ess…|
|Andika Juu on How To Style – Basic Ess…|
|Emanee's Closet on Mented Cosmetics|
|Dani Smith on Mented Cosmetics|
|Deonna on GOD IS DOPE|
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- December 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- January 2016
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- October 2014