Friday’s are for winding down, chilling out wrapping up the long week you had. We will keep it light and simple for today’s blog. First off let me pat myself on the back for writing 5 blogs this week and staying consistent. Shout out to my girl Daniesha for putting me up to the challenge… I di it now let’s make a habit out of it.
Speaking of keeping it simple and light most of you know I love to eat. I eat just about anything… well there’s something on my list that I don’t enjoy, however, fruit is at the top of my list. So why not start your day off with a wonderful fruit smoothie. I love drinking smoothies in the morning 1 because they are light, tasty, healthy, and give me a boost of energy.
Pick Your Ingredients
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup of banans
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- spinach – I just throw some in there
- 1/2 cup of almond milk/soy milk vanilla flavored
- 1/2 cup of ice
- splash of apple juice or any type of fruit juice you like (optional)
- 1/4 cup of frozen yogurt (optional)
- Ice I like my smoothies sometimes chunky and the ice does the trick
- You may add protein or fiber supplements if you like.
Blend It Up
You may use frozen or fresh fruit. I like to use fresh as freezing fruits and vegetables sometimes the nutritional value is a loss. Now here’s the fun part put all your ingredients in the blender. Run your blender for a good minute to make sure everything is blended together. This recipe is for 1 serving double the servings to make more.
That’s it or into your favorite cup or I like to be boujee and our it into a glass mug with a metal straw this way each sip is cold! Now, this is how you start your weekend off right! Enjoy and let me know what smoothies you love to drink.
Did you think I would forget to give you all some details on my fun weekend outfit? I threw this outfit together pairing this fund colors blouse that can be worn tucked in our out or even tied in the front for a crop top illusion. These pink shorts – get used to them cause they are one of my favorite pairs. They are comfortable and give you a cute weekend look. You have seen these platform Michael Kors sneakers that I scored from Poshmark for $30. I’m telling you’ll don’t sleep on Poshmark it will get you right! That’s it – what fun outfits are you wearing this weekend?
Don’t forget you may shop my looks
Do you ever style pieces in your closet differently? I sure do. Today I am taking a flashback outfit and showing you how I styled it differently this year. Turn last years season fashion into a “hey is that a new outfit”.
Pick Your Outfit
I like to start off with matching outfits and see how many combinations I can get out of two pieces. I decided to go with this top and pants combo. The first look is with both matching pieces. I decided to dress this look up last year for a dat night with the hubby.
Separate Your Pieces
Decided if you want to dress each piece up or down. Let’s start off with the top first. Top are usually easy to dress up or down, but for this look I decided to pair this with a pair of wide leg crop jeans and sneakers. Take a more dressy blouse and pairing it with sneakers and jeans will always do the trick. You can’t go wrong with this look.
Lastly I styled the pants with a basic tank and my pink block heels. this look is so effortless but looks so well put together. You can even throw a blazer on top and wear this work or an event.
This one outfit can easily turn into 10. you only need a few sets to mix and match with th clothes you already have in your wardrobe. I like to play off colors, my desired style and of course my mood for the day. Let me know how you mix and match the clothes in your closet.
Don’t forge to shop my looks!
Hi, ladybugs and fashionistas I swear when I have a baby- and if it’s a girl her nickname will be ladybug! As time passes and the virus lingers – many people are opting to say “F” and return to normal. But what is the new normal? Should we still take precautions or should we be in the mindset of whatever happens-happens? I think that is truly up the individual but I for one will not be living life as I use too. I already can be a pretty germophobic person when it comes to certain things. I already carried hand sanitizer, Lysol wipes all of that with me and I never use to touch the pumps at the gas station. So today I will be sharing where I have been finding my essentials without having to go to the store for these items.
Places to Shop for your Essentials
- Instacart: I decided to try Instacart for the first time. I must admit there are some learning curves. However, I have been ordering for about 6 weeks now and I have been pretty satisfied with the delivery. The app itself is easy to use. Finding products depend on the location of the store you are ordering from. You aren’t able to change the store location- location is based on your delivery location. I honestly prefer the Kroger that is 15 minutes from my house instead of the one that is 5 minutes. However I can’t be that picky in the middle of all this. My shoppers all have been great with texting me via the app if an item is not available or sending me pictures of the items. Although the app says you are unable to add an item after the shopper has started shopping – I have added items and the shopper gladly found it. All shoppers have delivered in a timely fashion and have been pleasant. Now the learning curve is when you are trying to order fruit and vegetables. For example: when it says to select the amount tomatoes it doesn’t mean a bunch (on a vine) it means 1 – single tomato. I messed up and order 1 banana and received 1 banana. Also, don’t forget you will be charged a delivery fee and you must tip your shopper this can add an extra $6-$10 depending on location. If you sign up for the $9 delivery service for a month you will max that out within 2 deliveries trust me its a good deal! My overall experience has been great!
- Sam Club: Offers a pickup service in my area they are not yet on Instacart so I decided to order the items online and pick it up. What I didn’t know was that I would have to go in and pick up my items at the guest services counter. This experience was ok. I can’t give it 5 stars because I waited in my car for 10 minutes after I had selected the “I’m Here” button to notify the employees that I was there and waiting in the loading zone. Upon going in both times my order was ready but you have to bring in your basket for them to load your cart up. You are allowed to designate someone else to pick up your order if need be. If any of your items are not available for pickup they will ship it to you within the next 3-5 days. I will order again only because walking through Costco or Sams can be crazy – after I do that run I need a nap.
- Amazon: As we all know Amazon was probably the first place everyone went shopping when the pandemic broke out and delivery options were pushed out to 3 weeks or longer. Amazon is getting back to normal as I have only had to wait 3 days for my items which is pretty much back to their 2-day shipping. Certain items are still out of stock. However I recently I decided to passion twist my hair and I order hair, accessories, and everything I would need to create this style, and surprisingly I was so pleased! Please with the quality of the hair and my order came within a week instead of 3.
- Pick up Services: Mostly every grocery, clothing stores, restaurants, and other convenient stores are offering pickup services.
As time goes on places are opening up and people are trying to find the new normal. I will be shelling in place for a while until I see the curve declining. I still do not feel comfortable venturing out to heavily populated places without masks, gloves, and sanitizer. I have faith and yes God is still in control but I will do my best to stay siloed a little while longer. oh yes, and a helpful tip, before bringing in your groceries it’s a good idea to wipe all of your items off with Clorox wipes except fruit and veggies. Those can be washed off! How have you been obtaining your essentials?
Outfit During the Rona
Let me give you the details of this outfit. I’m calling my summer vibes with this one. The dress is Giani Bini – purchased this cute little number from Poshmark for $15. My cute high top sneakers are from Justfab – beware the sizing is off so I would size up a whole shoe size but for the price I paid I am not mad. The hat is also from Justfab, and my purse is old from TjMaxx.
#staysafe and fashionably cute! Xo Happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look:
Hi Fashionistas, as we know there is a shortage of household cleaning products, hand sanitizer and toilet paper. Toilet paper being the most odd on the list during this time.I have yet to figure out how toilet paper will keep you safe during this pandemic. However among many cleaning supplies you can actually make. Sometimes I like to put on my Molly DIY outfit and make it myself.. Here’s a disclaimer, DO NOT MIX CHEMICALS! for example alcohol and Clorox, or ammonia and Clorox.. that equates to a serious gaseous bomb in your kitchen. Since hand sanitizer is on the rise I thought I could give you a quick easy recipe to make your own. Also if you have kids please do not allow them to use this in large consumption as it can irritate their skin!
Hand sanitizer recipe
What you’ll need:
3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol)
10 drops of essential oil, such as lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice instead
Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it “hand sanitizer.”
Want more information on hand sanitizers check out the information from the CDC
I would only use this for extreme cases. Stick to washing you hands with soap and water as much as possible.
Okay so let’s get into this outfit. Every year I feature jumpsuits on my blog. You must know by now, that they are one of my favorite staples in my closet. Jumpsuit make a quick and stylish outfit even on your worse days. Believe it or not I needed a black jumpsuit. I have one in my closet but it’s old and needs to be retired. Thanks to my fashionistas over at Fabrik they gifted me this black utility tie waist jumpsuit. When I purchase clothes I try to find versatile pieces that I can interchange for work and play. This jumpsuit meets all the requirements. It’s super light weight, it buttons down the from and gives that professional look. I paired it with a cute fruit purse. Speaking of which you know I love fruit. For my footwork, these Katy Perry rubiks cube inspired low suede heels did the trick.
How are you staying safe and fashionable these days?
xo happy fashion!
Get The Look:
Hey beautiful lady bugs. Fun fact did you know lady bugs and giraffes are some of my favorite insects and mammals. Random I k ow however this is lady bug season aka spring. Unfortunately right now we truly can’t enjoy Gods creation. No worries I am truly finding ways to reflect on Gods promises.
Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him
I am currently working from home and working harder than ever before. This is not my first time working from home however the anxiety that COVID-19 has caused has made this expert so much different. Below are a few things to do during this time.
- Pray: praying has been so therapeutic for me. As I will never truly know why God does certain things. But this is not for me to question but to be still and listen.
- Take a walk: many parks have closed down here in Georgia but taking a walk in your neighborhood will suffice. Make sure to get some fresh air.
- Spring clean: yaull are about to see some winter stuff on my Poshmark! There’s so much I didn’t wear that has got to go. Make sure to follow me as I do another closet clear out!
- Read a book: when was the last time you picked up a good book and read the entire book? It’s been about 10 years for me which is sad. I used to be a book some. Now is the time to get back on it. I am taking recommendations.
- Write out your goals: as things has shifted. Write out some of your goals you would like to accomplish when this is all over.
- Educate yourself: learn something new. There’s tons of feee classes online, YouTube and other sites.
- Home projects: finish up those home remodeling or those small projects you been meaning to get too.
- Rest: lord knows we all need some rest.
- Take up a new hobby/ workout: I used to paint, I think I may start doing that again. Just because the gym is closed that doesn’t mean you can’t workout at home.
- Remain Calm!: this too shall pass
I hope these tips have been helpful. Now let’s get into this outfit. Oh yes and just because we are stuck inside that doesn’t mean you can’t be cute. Im sorry but I’ve always had a hard time being in the House in sweats or my pjs. Now don’t get me wrong when I am chilling I like to say I have fashionable lounge wear. I can’t apologize, it’s just the diva in me.
I am totally loving color and textures right now. My crochet sweater offers a ton of texture with is peplum and flower knot details. This was on clearance at Zara last season. However you can find this sweater on Poshmark or I will leave some similar selections below. My jeans- yaull have been going crazy about these beauties and yes I snagged them for $20 at Fabrik. They are still on sale but with limited sizes left. No worries distressed jeans are totally in right now. These cute cheetah print separate another fab find from Fabrik snagged these on super sale for $24. Espadrilles. I threw on a cute straw bag and my Betsey Johnson cat eye shades and I’m out… or should I say I’m in?
Stay safe and as always xoxo happy fashion!
Get the look:
What better way to kick off this week than to intertwine women’s history month and Black history month! You can never be to late to celebrate and honor these great occasions! Today I am honoring all of us! Why because you deserve to be celebrated too! Did you know that everyday when you wake up you make history..better yet SHE-Tory! Why because you contributed to society, God gave you the breathe of life to make a difference. Sometimes you don’t realize that just by you saying good morning with a smile to stranger can make that persons day! Sometimes it’s the small things that count instead of the big tings.
Growing up I used to say I wanted to graduate from a prestigious university with a 4.0, land this executive position where I could wear those fly business suits with the red bottom heels, Chanel bag, shades and my perfectly manicured nails and har! Boom! that was me. Turns out none of that happened but instead I have tried to make a difference in other ways.
- supporting friends and family
- showing up for work on time (you know it’s a struggle)
- Being the women that God has called us to be!
- Creating More Than A Girl Boss (more details to come! In the meantime get on the list)
Let me take a minute and brag on my girls. Daniesha not only runs I Am Dani Smith, hold down a full time job and is a mother to a growing prince she also is a freelance photographer and owner of Dani Smith Photography. Have you noticed how bomb my photos have been lately? That’s compliments of Dani! Please make sure to go and support her growing small business. Easter, prom, summer family pictures are coming up make sure to book her!
Kisha is always making a statement from head to toe and many of you can probably guess that this fashionista was already made to run her own boutique and that’s exactly what she does! Not only is she a health care professional, mother, and runs Kisha Rose you can definitely keep up with all the in trend style by getting treasured with Kisha Rose Treasures!
My girls are on the move and are making a difference and statements in their own way! It’s not easy multitasking and handling multiple jobs.. this is why I created More Than A Girl Boss! Head on over to subscribe and learn more about How I Ayesha Emanee is making a difference!
How are you contributing to the everyday uplifting of women and your culture!? Let’s get into these outfits details. My girls Daneisha and Kisha wanted to snag these super cute and colorful African Print sweaters hits that are still on sale! We decided to each style this sweat sweat that truly respects our style. I just love how my girls stay true to their style. Just an inside tip we never tell each other what or how we are going to style the one piece we are collaborating on. However when we get tougher bam.. it’s magic! Don’t yawl think we killed these looks! I sure do. Find out all the details on Kisha and Daneisha’s looks! All blog are linked.
As far as my look I wanted to truly play off the different prints that are in represented but the patchwork in the sweater. I decided to put on a bow blouse underneath the sweaters hit and tie two bows! Bam had to double it up for drama! You all know I love leopard print so I tied in my booties and a leopard print bag. I decided to be on trend with these leather joggers that are super comfortable and affordable. As you can see we all wore leather bottoms without even telling each other, but that just means how much you need to go and snag yourself a pair of leather pants, skirt or shorts! Leather is hot! I usually don’t talk about my hair but yawl this ponytail was only $13 from my local beauty supply. I will leave the link below..Looking for drama this pony will give it to you!
It’s Monday Fashionista’s own this week and make She-Tory!
Get the Looks:
Don’t judge me! Hey divas happy Monday and you know I am diving into the nitty gritty about judging. We are half way through this month and to be honest it’s been a rough year for me. Trying to stay consistent with my blog, work and home life. Along the way I have judged myself and have often wondered how people view me.
You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Romans 2:1
Is it ok to judge others? Let alone yourself? Of course we know the answer to this. It’s a big fat NO! We aren’t called to judge others or put unhealthy pressure on ourselves. I have been judged many of times weather I was judged by my hair, the clothes I wear, the way I talk. The list goes on and I’m sure it does for you as well. The ultimate issue is if you’re confident in who you are you will to allow what anyone think or feel of you bother you. This is easier said than done.
I often still struggle with my own thoughts and what people have said about me. However I am learning to use those negative attributes and turn them into positive attributes in my life. Weather true or not I try to use anything as motivation to do and be better. How are you trying to live your life judgement free?
Let’s get into this outfit. You know I love a good jumpsuit. But this one is extra special as it can be dressed up or down. It is a satin. Material with wide leg with pleating, v neck with buttons and a simple flutter sleeve. The length of this is long, however I normally would wear heels with an outfit like this. I am still recovering from my surgery so I opted for a pair of leopard sparkly slides. To top of this fun flirty look I grabbed my leopard print bag and shades. Oops did I fail to mention this look is from Fabrik and slides are from TJMaxx Steve Madden brand.
Have a good day xo Happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look
Hey Divas, guess what this fashionista has been featured in a magazine! What really? Yes I am sitting here in disbelief. I can’t say it’s been a long time coming but then again it has. If you don’t know my full blogger story or just looking for a good read then this will satisfy your reading sensations!
Voyage ATL is local magazine based here in Georgia but by way of Los Angelas California which is also hometown for me! Well San Diego is my city but LA is close enough say that! You all know my cali roots. Anyways the magazine features many local influencers, from fashion, foodie, art, culture, health and fitness. But what’s so cool is that all the articles are written from the influencers perspective!
I won’t bore you and tell all the deets of this amazing feature, so without further ado here’s my article featured in Voyage ATL. Happy Reading Divas!
Yes divas it’s officially sweater weather. that’s right, pull out your chunky, knit, turtle neck, hi lo, and all color sweaters out of your closet! I sure am.. If you didn’t know I love sweaters…all types! I don’t discriminate. (lol) anyways, today’s blog is about sweaters.. well obviously! I love mixing a long cardigan with a good sweater.
Why A Cardigan?
Cardigans are my go to in the fall and winter! why? because they add an extra layer of warmth, style and can easily jazz up or dress down an outfit. I stay cold so have a funky layer piece always says i thought about this outfit instead of “I’m cold.” I usually flock towards long cardigans so that it makes wearing leggings, skinny cans, crop tops, or any sweater that hits right at your waist look more professional.. especially if you are int eh work place. Let’s get this right, I don’t wear crop tops to work that’s so not appropriate.
Why A Sweater?
Because it keeps your warm! Thats so obvious however Sweaters can also be dressed up or down! styled with jeans, slacks, shorts, skirts you name it! I feel like I should have said greens, beans, potatoes.. you name it!! There are so many different styles that at least having the basics are necessary.
- V-neck sweaters are great for a business casual look, where you can easily pair a button up collard blouse underneath.
- Crew neck, which is also the round neck.
- Cowl neck sweater is for someone who like the “thought” of a turtleneck but possibly doesn’t like the “i’m being choked” feeling.
- Mock neck
- Oversized, one of my favs to wear with leggings or skinny jeans.
- Hi Lo
All of these types of sweaters come in, slim knit, chunky, oversized, cropped, hi lo you name it there’s a sweater that will fit your style.
Now for my look! I went for an all white underneath this crazy english scene print cardigan. True story, my boss thought I was excited about thanksgiving, she thought it was turkey and cranberries on my cardigan. However it’s actually a women in a store selling fruit to a man at a counter. anyway this cardigan coat is super warm, long and has every pop of color your heart desires! I pair it with my chunky cable knit white turtleneck, a pair of skinny Michael Kors jeans and my high hell lace up booties! It’s so simple.
How do you wear your sweaters and cardigans?
xo happy fashion divas!
Get The Look:
Follow Emanees Closet
|Emanee's Closet on How To Style – Basic Ess…|
|Andika Juu on How To Style – Basic Ess…|
|Emanee's Closet on Mented Cosmetics|
|Dani Smith on Mented Cosmetics|
|Deonna on GOD IS DOPE|
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- December 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- December 2016
- January 2016
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- October 2014