Divas you all know I’m a bargain shopper. I rarely buy anything at full price and if I do it’s because I know that item will be gone..gone and GONE. I love to think of myself as the ultimate bargain shopper as I have purchased $100 item for $5 my last win was an $80 for $8 can I get an amen. Now I am no extreme coupon guru like the women on that television show but I have a few tricks up my sleeve.
Look For Sales
My first tip is to look for sales. Now I have some staples stores that I know I can always rely on for a good deal. But if I see a sale that doesn’t stop me from looking. Now be mindful some stores like to raise their regular prices and drop them on sale and they call it a sale. No this means they are still getting their regular retail price off the sale. Does that make sense? I have seen it done before I some major department stores. They will put a red tag over the regular price. But me being an avid shopper I got hip to what they were doing. People see red = sale or discount but why does the red sticker match the regular price. So make sure you are paying attention. A good sale for me is anything above 40% off where I can double with coupons which leads me to my next tip.
Coupons are great when they can be doubled with a sale. Okay okay any coupon is good however it depends on the value of the coupon. I usually look for coupons that give me a significant dollar amount off. Now some stores do not allow you to double the sale with a coupon or they make you choose. Figure out if the coupon is or the sale is a better deal. Mind you I am not mathematician but when it comes to my deals I am on it!
Find Rotating Deals
Pick you 3 top stores that you love and learn their sales, coupons and offers. Many stores today have credit cards which equals points. Please please be mindful if you are going to venture down the credit card lane, make are you are being responsible and understand all of the terms and conditions. You don’t need a credit card to access to all of the deals and coupons. You can always join the stores email list to receive weekly updates, deals and coupons! No one needs to go into debt over looking fly.
Consignment & Thrift Stores
I love consignment and thrift shops. Consignment shops will be more expensive but still can find great name brand deals. You thrift shops has rotating deals during the week. Two bloggers that I admire about their thrifting skills are my girls Kisha of the Kisharoseatl and Melodie of the MelodieStewart blog. Check out their blogs if you want more thrifting tips! I usually pop in thrift stores just to see what deals I can find here and there. Usually you will realize that nothing goes out of style. What’s trending today is was trending a few years ago. So that blazer that is on the rack for $80, you can most likely find for $5 at the thrift store. Check it out and tell me what you think.
Okay so I am sure you all are dying to know the details on this outfit. This polka dot bell sleeve blouse comes from TJMaxx. It’s Calvin Klein and was on super discount for $12! This skirt is from H&M and it’s trending on many blogs and I will definitely do a side by side with some of my girls so you can see how they styled this skirt on Instagram. Make sure to follow me @emaneescloset. The skirt is a knot body con with pops of silver metallic threading. The black and white waist band is subtle but ties in the overall honeycomb look. I topped this look off with my red suede chunky heel booties and a few red accessories. I thought about pairing my silver metallic booties with this too. Hmm what do you think?
Xo happy fashion Divas
Get The Look
Skirt | Booties (Name: Rosamund)
Maxi dresses have evolved into a spring and summer must have for me. Honestly long maxi dresses growing up were not the hottest trend for a teenager let alone for any young girl trying to figure out her fashion sense. Maxi dresses can go grandma real quick.. or even too sexy depending on your body type. Here are a few helpful tips for picking a maxi dress.
- Maxi: Equals long in length, but does not mean big in width. Be mindful if you are short like me some maxi dresses will tend to hang on me and make me look even skinnier. Try the high low or the asymmetrical maxi dresses this will give he look as if you are taller instead of shorter. If you are bigger than me do not buy a larger size or try to cover up your shape. this will only make you look larger or like you are wearing grandmas moo-moo! Flaunt what you have gracefully.
- Prints: if someone who is a size 0 with a printed maxi dress on the odds of it looking the same on someone who is considered plus size, it will not look the same. Prints play an illusion that you are bigger or smaller. If you are considered plus size try smaller prints and if considered petite try a larger print. let me know how that works?
- Shape: Weather you are big or small we all have to create that illusion that we have this banging shape. Even if you have a small waist you tend to accentuate this area. Try purchasing dresses with a waist tie to pull in your waist. this will create that hour glass affect.
Maxi Dresses are a must have and should be a staple for spring and summer. They are easy, light and many wearing often wear them to weddings and date nights. you can always dress them up or down depending on the material and style! Don’t forget maxi dresses can be worn with heels, tennis shoes or sandals.. take your pick.
For this look it’s a simple wrap maxi dress. The wrap helps to pull in my waist and make my bust look bigger. I went with a soft bold print. Because this dress is long i choose to pair it with heels. This give the illusion that i am taller, like I am going to rip the runway. How would you style this dress?
This dress is no long available, but I have you covered click here for several options!
xo Happy Fashion Divas!
Divas I’m serving you 5 fab tips for your date night. let’s dive right in.
- Location: knowing where you are going is key. If it’s a surprise try to play it safe and pick an outfit that is not to casual and not to dressy. However my family and friends always say I am over the top.. and I must admit, I can be at times but at least I stay true to myself. I always usually dress fancy when going out.
- Good under garments: I am flat chested.. that’s no secret.. I am def apart of the itty-bitty-titty committee but that does NOT stop me from wearing a good supportive bra. Yes supportive because I have to fake it till I make it :). Panties matter too. If you are not a thong girl you can always find seamless underwear at Victoria Secret, Macy’s, Dillards or even TJMAXX. I repeat do not..do not wear form fitting clothes and have your pantie line showing. That’s a complete no no.
- Dress for your body type: If this is a date with a special someone. you want to put your best foot forward. I say this because we all want to be respected and love for who we are on the inside.. not the outside. treat yourself with respect first by dressing appropriately to your size.
- Hair & Makeup:
- Hair: Yes this matters. Most women know this. However I allow the clothes to speak to me and dictate weather I wear my hair up, down, bun, or curly. usually sleek looks like a good body wave or a bun look good for date nights. but you be the one to choose. (Let me know if you would like for me to post date night hairstyles)
- Makeup: I am not one to totally speak on makeup as I barely wear any. However I like to believe less is more.. Show your inner beauty and let the makeup accentuate what you already have.
- Shoes: I like to find shoes that will add color or a pattern to my outfit. There are so many varieties out to today to fit your specific style and foot needs. Try JustFab who even carry wide width. DSW is my next favorite one stop shop.
- Jewelry : Depending if you are dressing fancy or casual, simple hoops, or diamond drop studs are always staple jewelry pieces for me. I always like to have a single solitaire diamond necklace and a bracelet to spice things up. Macy’s, Charming Charlie, or even New York and Company always have great deals on fashion statement jewelry.
- Purse: Make sure your purse is big but cute enough to hold these essentials: lipstick or lip balm, tissue, phone, wallet, keys, travel perfume, gum or mint, touch up makeup and some cash.
- Cover up: depending on what season it is.. don’t be afraid to carry a light sweater or a cute leather jacket just in case it gets cold.
What are some of your favorite date night tips?
xo happy fashion divas.
Get The Look:
Dress | Clutch (similar)| Heels (Name: Lena-similar)