This has been long overdue. I have finally decided to add a lifestyle portion to my blog with style of course! I wanted to incorporate this section to challenge myself and to share my real life journey with you. I do to have challenges and although some of my pictures maybe nice, I have struggles just like everyone else. There will be a few sub categories that you will be able to choose form.
- Get Lifted: Here I will be discussing motivation, inspiration quotes to get you lifted. I and my husband are very religious and love doing bible study, doing a morning daily devotional. However life happens and sometimes we let “stuff” get in the way. I figured this would be a good way for me to share with you as well holding myself accountable of reading the word and making sure I doing my part to society as being a loyal Christian! So “Get Lifted” with me
- Food For The Soul: This is all thing food. Some of my favorite restaurants, recipes, what I am currently craving..healthy things of course :).
- Work It Out: Will be my most challenging section of all. As I have never ever truly had to “work out” working out for me equated to losing weight which was always a fear of mine. However as I get older and wiser..i know i need to workout to always be healthy. I will go into more detail about what it means to be a skinny girl and working out.
- Emanee Hair Trendz: If you have been following me for a while, you would know I use to have this section o my blog and then I removed it. Well guess what it’s back!I love anything hair! from, braids, blowouts, twist outs, sew in, natural hair, permed hair.. trending hair products you name it I love it. I will e sharing some helpful hair tips. Most of these tips and tricks anyone can use.
Come along with me on this journey as you will view my life in style.
xo happy life divas.
Have you been searching for the perfect flat-iron?? Well I have found it!! Finally after searching for years for good flat-iron, this martini Cartier Flat iron has replaced my ceramic flat-iron that broke years ago. I have fried, heat damaged my hair trying to get my hair straight. In all honesty if you have natural hair like me.. you hair can get bone straight ad will possibly only stay straight for about a week minus the humidity! This flat iron was purchased for $50 during the on TV ad special promotion. It is online at HSN.com for $119.00 So with all of that being said I introduce to you the Martino Cartier Flat Iron.
The Martino Cartier: Flat Iron
Professional quality styling tool
- Can be used to create straight, wavy or curly styles
Innovative ionic titanium plates
- Glide through hair easily
- Distribute heat evenly
- Heat and cool rapidly to seal cuticles and lock in hair’s natural moisture
- Reduce frizz
- Add shine
- Rounded, pivoting design
- Easy-to-read LCD display
- Variable heat up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Automatic shut-off after 45 minutes of use
- Push-button hinge lock
- Ultra slim design
- Professional length 360 degree swivel cord
- Heatproof resting pad
- Signature Martino travel bag
How it worked on my hair?
Ladies if you didn’t know I have natural hair that natural waves, and curls. I did add any oil or other products to my hair besides a heat protectant when I blow dried my hair. So as you can see I my hair is blow dried out.
I tried the one pass test with using a chunky piece of hair. Now for black women usually the smaller and thinner the hair is you will obtain better smoother and straighter results. This is my thick piece of hair.
This was my results from only going through my hair one time. I was highly shocked to see such great results. When I saw martini do this on TV I was shocked and was like okay I must try this!
However I still went ahead and did a second pass and curled my hair while straightening it. I have never achieved such great results without using the chase method or any type of oils. This flat-iron left my hair shiny full of body and bounce.
My Favorite feature
This flat-iron is gold titanium plated and the plates tilt in the direction you are flat ironing your hair. this is a great feature when you are curling your hair. It makes the hair glide easily when turning your hair to curl it!
Ladies I wouldn’t lie to, this flat iron is must try! So no more frying and bring your hair, trust me your hair will thank you.
Happy Hair Divas
Facebook: Emanees Closet
There are a few staple hair products that every Divas needs in their closet to keep your hair looking Diva-Licious! I have natural hair so I like to use natural products. Natural hair products are products that are free of sulfates and that have organic ingredients that treat and moisturize your hair. Ladies if you have relaxed or color treated hair you can use these products as well! The products that I use come form the Cantu she Butter: for natural hair. This line also has products for relaxed and color treated hair. But be mindful those products do have sulfates which can be harmful to your hair. Below is a brief list of each products that I use on wash day!
- Cantu Shea Butter: Sulfate-Free Cleansing cream shampoo
This product gently removes heavy buildup, leaves hair health and clean, and is made with 100% she butter.
- Cantu Shea Butter: Sulfate-Free Hydrating Cream Conditioner
The Cantu conditioner helps retain natural oils, leaves hair moisturized and hydrated and also is made with %100 shea butter. Divas let me tell you this product is the bomb. It is great for detangling you hair, it leaves my hair very soft and shinny.
- Cantu Argon Oil: Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream
So every diva needs a leave in conditioner and by far this is the best product I have ever used. It smells great doesn’t leave any messy build up! I have also tried the shea butter leave in, it works just as great. This leave in conditioner can also be used for twist out, braid out, wash-n-go and everyday styling. if you want a tutorial leave comment below. This product deeply moisturizes hair and helps repair dry damaged hair from over heated and formulated styled hair.
- Cantu Shea Butter: Thermal Shield Heat Protectant
This heat protectant protects your hair up to 425F degrees. it smells great its light, not oily and is infused with she butter to soften your hair.
***You can find these products at Wal-Mart, Sally’s, Target and at your local beauty supply. Note that prices may vary. I find that Wal-Mart carries these product the cheapest but it is always sold out. Sally has recently added this product to their shelves, however if you do not see it on the shelf ask for it! They have it in the back. These product normally retails at $4-$6 depending on where it is purchased.
These products are amazing! they leave my hair smelling good, moisturized, silky and shinny. I give these products a 10+
Divas If you would like to see a tutorial on any of these products leave me a comment!
Happy Hair Divas