Hey divas! Can you believe that July is almost over? Thats right and one of my favorite months is coming up.. Cough Ouch August.. Why? Because it’s the month I was married. This year will make 2 years.. whoot whoot! Not only will I be celebrating my anniversary but my sister will be getting married this coming Sunday. We making magic in August. So with that being said you know i will be blogging the fun road trip form Atlanta to Virginia.. and all of the wedding madness.. you know all the good stuff.
Since it’s Monday it’s time for a little bit of Faith & Fashion.
“Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.” John 15: 20 KJV
Do you remember the day when you could stay up late, party hard and wake up early? Don’t get me wrong I’m not that old yet, however I definitely have no desire to do any of that anymore lol. SO my routine looked a little bit like this… IN COLLEGE!
- Wake up early
- eat breakfast
- go to class/or work depending on the day
- have study sessions in between classes/ or tutoring sessions on weekends
- attend praise dance practice on Wednesdays..
- THURSDAY-SUNDAY….. is now a blur ahhaha
- okay seriously thought I still had class but sometimes the party would start on Thursday’s and wouldn’t end till Sunday.. not that same party of course but there was always a party.. either a campus party. your bff’s dorm room party.. a Frat/Sorority party… you know the party that homeboy that his ex girlfriends grandmas house which is right around the corner house party.. The all white party.. the shorty short party.. okay okay you get the picture.. So what can I say I had fun. Well to be honest my sister and I and Bff were always the designated driver because we had a car so we were known as the sober girls.. lol
- Stayed up till 2 studying went to IHOP with the L7’s (a nickname for my crew back in the day)
- Monday=Do it all over again
So this horrible college routine only lasted 1 year and half.. I am proud of that cause that life is rough.. Not healthy and definitely not what my momma was supporting me for. However It didn’t take me too long to realize that there’s more to life, college, and me than this type of lifestyle. Thats when I decided to take hold of my actions and buckle down and let the noise go! Meaning the parties, the people that were toxic, and anything that was spiritually unhealthy!
When I made this ultimate shift in my life I that’s when I could see me against the world. I was no longer friends with friends I thought were my girls.. unnecessary drama broke out because I chose not to party or entertain anything less of my new morals and values. I decided to to take a stand for me and for what God had for me.. Honestly at that time I had no idea what God has for me but i knew it wasn’t this or these people.. So today I can honestly say that when you are not of the world .. the world will be against you and you will always have God standing with you. Yes I can look back and laugh on my wayward college days and nights but I look at it a testament to myself that I couldn’t have come this far without my faith and God! Often to many times we get tangled in the trends, society and what we think we should be doing.. This is clearly called being a follower. We are called to lead and be the light not to live in darkness.
My linen jumpsuit can be found at Fab’rik along with these oh so comfortable black slides. I love a cute kimono it’s perfect for summer days or to throw something over you arms if there’s a cool breeze! Kimonos can be found just about anywhere including Walmart.. yep don’t sleep on Walmart. Head on over to Fab’rik now as these items are still on sale. Are you moving forward in style this year? Today take a stand for you!
Xo Happy Fashion divas
Get The Look:
Jumpsuit | Slides | Hat | Kimono (similar)
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
It’s Monday divas and I’m back with my Motivational Monday’s but I am switching this up to be called Fashion in Faith for 2019! If you’ve been following me on Instagram @emaneescloset you will know that I recently lost my godmother, friend, second mommy all of the above 2 weeks ago. So this Monday I am seeking positivity and rejuvenating my spirit.
I decided that I would use this very well know scripture for today’s motivational Monday quote. Sometimes we need to get back tot he basics instead of complicating life and daily tasks. I am a strong believer of keep things simple… except my clothing lol. Sometimes when things become too hard.. so complicated that when you need to stop and listen to the lord. How do you listen to God? It’s simple.. seriously just stop.. push out all the negative thoughts, your own thoughts.. this if’s ands, and but’s and allow God to live through you.. God speaks to us all differently and you have to learn to listen to him. This is when you allow God to lead in all things you do.
No, it’s not always easy as we tend to just get up and do what feels right.. But who says what we are doing is right? Life gets hard and I have way to many testimonies where God seriously has given me the strength to get over many challenges. Everyday I pray with my husband, and before I go into work I pray again. I never know what that day is going to bring but I tell you one thing that prayer helps! I know you can relate, I’m sure you have gotten a call at work about something, a project stressed you out, a coworker was mean to you.. or even your lunch was nasty (okay maybe not) your child was bad at school, you got a flat tire.. The list goes on.. Divas call on him, he will give the strength to get through all things! Amen
Have a good week divas I hope this uplifted you.
Need some motivation through music.. I love this song Called God Held me By Zacardi Cortez
Ladies I kept this outfit super simple and I shopped my closet. My jeans are of course form New York and Company. We all need a good boot cut jean and these were perfect and affordable. The honeycomb sweater is from who knows where I can’t remember that’s how long it’s been! But there are tons of these sweaters everywhere. Girls my blazer was gifted to me from a friend from church!! I love the colors and the print and the fabric is bomb! I have left a few of my favorite blazers below. Yawl already know where my booties are front! Shoedazzle of course. These fur babies are super comfortable ant hey have ribbons for laces..
XO Happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look:
Jeans| Sweater | Blazer 1 | Blazer 2
Hey Divas, guess what this fashionista has been featured in a magazine! What really? Yes I am sitting here in disbelief. I can’t say it’s been a long time coming but then again it has. If you don’t know my full blogger story or just looking for a good read then this will satisfy your reading sensations!
Voyage ATL is local magazine based here in Georgia but by way of Los Angelas California which is also hometown for me! Well San Diego is my city but LA is close enough say that! You all know my cali roots. Anyways the magazine features many local influencers, from fashion, foodie, art, culture, health and fitness. But what’s so cool is that all the articles are written from the influencers perspective!
I won’t bore you and tell all the deets of this amazing feature, so without further ado here’s my article featured in Voyage ATL. Happy Reading Divas!
Voyage ATL – Featuring Emanee’s Closet
Hi Divas I have met a small goal of mine. Which was to obtain 1,000 followers by the end of the year. Well it’s October and I met my goal! Thank you to all of my followers on instagram. If you are not following me you can do so here!I thought today would be a good day since it was Monday to do a Monday motive segment on the blog and of course feature some fashion inspiration!
Speaking of goals, January will make a full year that I have been blogging consistently, and let me tell you I have learned so much. To my loyal followers, you would know that I first started off on YouTube doing fashion and hair videos. But I found that I just wasn’t loyal to making videos and shooting my fashion and writing about it came more naturally to me. Don’t get me wrong I am a natural in front of the camera… I think 🙂 But blogging just seemed more fruitful. I could just be transparent and physically type out my thoughts to all fo you. Like I said before it has been a journey getting to where I am at now, and I have so much further to go! I am actually just getting started.
I have a few questions for you.
- What are some of your goals?
- Have you started trying to meet your goals
- What are your passions
- What drives you?
Try to seriously think about this questions and reflect on them. Are you in a snail mode or a rabbit mode? Are you truly doing all that you can right now. Let em be honest I am not. I can be doing so much more. Don’t get me wrong I am not lazy but I am definitely a go getter and I am my own worse critic. But lately I just want it all and more!
So today I want you to write down your thought and put a plan of action together and start working towards those goals. Remember to stop saying I can’t.. or I don’t have time, we make time for what we want! don’t forget when you are doing great things do it in style!
For todays look I kept it super simple in red. I totally into red right now and just fyi these red boots will be appearing not eh blog several times! My beret and sweater is from SHEIN. I am so into berets as I mentioned previously on my blog and they are a must have this fall and winter! The sweater is a light knit that hits right at the waist but it complement the red and black stripe on jeans from NY & Company. Yaull should know where my booties are from.. of course JustFab. Thats it simple and chic. Have a wonderful eek Divas! make it count.
Get The Look:
Beret | Sweater | Jeans | Booties
This has been long overdue. I have finally decided to add a lifestyle portion to my blog with style of course! I wanted to incorporate this section to challenge myself and to share my real life journey with you. I do to have challenges and although some of my pictures maybe nice, I have struggles just like everyone else. There will be a few sub categories that you will be able to choose form.
- Get Lifted: Here I will be discussing motivation, inspiration quotes to get you lifted. I and my husband are very religious and love doing bible study, doing a morning daily devotional. However life happens and sometimes we let “stuff” get in the way. I figured this would be a good way for me to share with you as well holding myself accountable of reading the word and making sure I doing my part to society as being a loyal Christian! So “Get Lifted” with me
- Food For The Soul: This is all thing food. Some of my favorite restaurants, recipes, what I am currently craving..healthy things of course :).
- Work It Out: Will be my most challenging section of all. As I have never ever truly had to “work out” working out for me equated to losing weight which was always a fear of mine. However as I get older and wiser..i know i need to workout to always be healthy. I will go into more detail about what it means to be a skinny girl and working out.
- Emanee Hair Trendz: If you have been following me for a while, you would know I use to have this section o my blog and then I removed it. Well guess what it’s back!I love anything hair! from, braids, blowouts, twist outs, sew in, natural hair, permed hair.. trending hair products you name it I love it. I will e sharing some helpful hair tips. Most of these tips and tricks anyone can use.
Come along with me on this journey as you will view my life in style.
xo happy life divas.