Hi loves it’s Monday and I’m back to the grind… at home that is. Let’s be real this pandemic is making everyone rethink how we love daily. From grocery shopping, communicating and working. If you are unable to work from home during this time. My prayers are with you daily and praying that you are extra safe. If you are able to work from home I have 5 helpful tips for you not to loose your mind!
- Have a dedicated work space: I’ve been working from home for 2 weeks now and when I went into work for the last time it was empty. My husband told me to grab everything I possibly could since we didn’t know how long this would last. My husband being the engineer that he is made us a work station in the basement that allows natural light to shine through several windows for fresh air and enough space for me to get up stretch and sing and dance. Just enough to annoy him. Hey I have to stay positive.
- Create a to do list: honestly I can’t remember the app that allows me to write my to do list where I can check it off and it sends me alerts. If you know of a good one please send. I currently use my calendar and my notebook. I sometimes like to old school it. Hey ima till efficient. The to do list will keep your assignments in line.
- Take Breaks: this is major. When you work from home you are less likely to take a break. Why? Because you are trying to always look like your online and the computer is constantly staring at you…saying hey check your email… hey you’re at home you can finish that project.
- Plan meals in advanced: you all know I already meal prep but no lie my meal prepping has stopped. I’ve been making sandwiches and eating left overs for lunch. However I purchased all my meal preparation items so I am about to get back to it. Stay tuned for some healthy meal prep recipes. Please make sure you are staying hydrated. Water is key and so Andre healthy snacks.
- Set a routine: my routine has gotten off now that I have a few extra minutes to sleep in. However I’ve been getting up getting dressed making breakfast and at it by 8am. I try to log off by 4:30 as I normally would if I were in the office.
Do you have any work from home tips? If so let me know. Let’s get into this outfit that won’t be seen until all this over.
We are headed into April my birthday month and the cool air still tickles my cheeks in the morning. And then bam it’s blazing hot. We are still in that in between stage. This outfit is perfect for those cool morning and warm afternoons.
This crochet beaded high neck balloon sleeve blouse is perfect. I love the details and the glam it provides this entire outfit. I paired it with my high waisted pink wide leg pants. I added a simple straw striped open toed heels. Add a simple bag and you are ready to steal the show. I wore this with my sneakers to be comfortable and it looked fly what do you think?
Stay safe and fashionable at home. Xo happy fashion divas.
Get the look:
Sweater 1 similar| sweater 2 similar| Pants 1 similar |Pants 2 similar |
Hi Fashionistas, as we know there is a shortage of household cleaning products, hand sanitizer and toilet paper. Toilet paper being the most odd on the list during this time.I have yet to figure out how toilet paper will keep you safe during this pandemic. However among many cleaning supplies you can actually make. Sometimes I like to put on my Molly DIY outfit and make it myself.. Here’s a disclaimer, DO NOT MIX CHEMICALS! for example alcohol and Clorox, or ammonia and Clorox.. that equates to a serious gaseous bomb in your kitchen. Since hand sanitizer is on the rise I thought I could give you a quick easy recipe to make your own. Also if you have kids please do not allow them to use this in large consumption as it can irritate their skin!
Hand sanitizer recipe
What you’ll need:
3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol)
10 drops of essential oil, such as lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice instead
Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it “hand sanitizer.”
Want more information on hand sanitizers check out the information from the CDC
I would only use this for extreme cases. Stick to washing you hands with soap and water as much as possible.
Okay so let’s get into this outfit. Every year I feature jumpsuits on my blog. You must know by now, that they are one of my favorite staples in my closet. Jumpsuit make a quick and stylish outfit even on your worse days. Believe it or not I needed a black jumpsuit. I have one in my closet but it’s old and needs to be retired. Thanks to my fashionistas over at Fabrik they gifted me this black utility tie waist jumpsuit. When I purchase clothes I try to find versatile pieces that I can interchange for work and play. This jumpsuit meets all the requirements. It’s super light weight, it buttons down the from and gives that professional look. I paired it with a cute fruit purse. Speaking of which you know I love fruit. For my footwork, these Katy Perry rubiks cube inspired low suede heels did the trick.
How are you staying safe and fashionable these days?
xo happy fashion!
Get The Look:
Jumpsuit | Shoes heel version |Bag
Hi divas, if you have been following 2018 spring fashion trends then you would know that polka dots are a must have! Well polka dots aren’t new to the game, however this year they are truly making a statement. This post if for your budget friendly divas on a dime… like me! I never buy anything for full price and if I do I better need it in my wardrobe! Many women feel as if they can never keep up with trends or may just not have the money to constantly buy new pieces. That’s totally okay.
This outfit is straight out of my closet and is not new. My bow tie white and black polka dot blouse is from H&M years ago… got it for $4! H&M always has super steals on spring and summer blouses. My skinny ankle pants are from New York and Company a few years ago as well. NY&CO always has this style as they like to call it the Audrey ankle pant., can you tell why? These lovely polka dot shoes, however up close they are actually cheetah print heels are from JustFab. I snagged these beauties for $12 on a super sale years ago! I enjoyed playing with one print but in different colors. I encourage you to pull out pieces that are already in your closet and having fun pairing them together!
Do you experiment with prints and colors? if so how?
Get The Look:
Blouse | Pants | Heels