Hey divas, I’m back with a special collaboration today. I am collaborating with some of my soul sisters. I have been living in Georgia for 4 years now and honestly I’m just now finding true friends that share the same love for fashion of course, women empowerment, self love, morals, values and standards. This collaboration is special because this is a collaboration with my new ATL girl squad our theme… can you guess?
Okay so here are 5 reasons why you need a #girlsquad.
- Accountability: Have women in your squad that will hold you accountable. Somobeone that will make sure you ar doin g what you should and not what you think.
- Friendship: We all need love and friendship. But friendship with a set of women that make you live, laugh and love and that will be honest about what you say, or wear. Yep then that’s a friend. I am the type of person that will pick lint from your head, place your shirt tag back inside your shirt. I’m loyal and I cherish my friends.
- unique balance: the ladies in my squad all are unique. We all bring different qualities and attributes that make us all different but provides a central balance amongst us all. Ladies let’s be real it’s known for us not to get along…. let me say it again… we are known to be petty shady and yes double cross each other if it benefits ourselves. However surround yourself around women who value you and will be that balance in your life. For example you always. Red hat silly one in the group because when you are down you can always count on that one person to make you smile! I amknow for being an over the top diva. But these ladies are also over the top diva in their own way and I absolutely love it.
- Growth: this is very important. As I look back over the years I can definitely see my growth in life… and you should too. But that didn’t just happen because of me. 1. Is God of course. 2. Family 3. My girl squad. Make sure you have people who are always pushing you to do better. Just as much as you empowering them. We all have dreams and goals and yes life gets hard. But we are all in thsinto win! Even if winning means making it till tomorrow. It always good to have long and short term goals to achieve and make sure your girls hold you accountable!
- Empower: this go hand in hand with growth. In order to grow you must be empowered. Who or what do you find inspiration from. My true inspiration has come from my other and as I meet more beautiful young women I beocme more empowered. Empowered to do better, to do more, to empower other women to love the skin their in…. yep that’s my tag line for my blog! But it trust love you and you will be able to have a bomb girl squad!
- Is my bonus most of all have fun. Life is so short and life happens daily. Don’t get caught in a rut. Live tou life to the fullest and why not do that with your girl squad!
I am sure you all are dying to find out all the details on our outfits. As I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs that animal is trending for this fall and winter. So me and the girls decided to do our own take on how we would style animal print.
Up first me of course. I decided to do a simple all black 2 piece outfit. If you know me I love 2 piece outfits. I see them as very versatile and you can make endless options by matching th skit or top with with a different item in your closet. This 2 piece out comes from New York and Company from the Eva Mendes collection. The top is actually a bodysuit and I usually wear a size xsmall but this fits small. I had to size up.
I decided to add leopard print assecories with a belt and earrings from Rue 21, purse was gifted but it’s Betsy Johnson, and my oh so lovely booties from ShoeDazzle.
Thats it keep it simple and classy.
Get The Look:
My girl Kisha is all thing classy and vintage. I truly love how she always stays true to her self and always breaks the “fashion boundaries” in a unique way. I had no idea what any of these ladies were going to wear but we all decided that Black was a good common ground in out outfits. I love how she took a classic look of a pinstripe ruffle coloutte with a high neck blouse. She added the leopard print with her bag and shoes and don’t forget her cute fishnet bow socks. For more details on her look check out her blog and make sure to follower her Instagram for daily inspiration
I will forever say that’s Daniesha does an amazing job with mixing basics with classy pieces. This is an area I lack in. So I have definitely been taking some tips from her. I love how she took a simple screen T-shirt and jazzed it up with this lovely circle leopard print skirt. She topped this look off with a cute hat, knee high boots and the perfect little purse. Find out all the sweet details on her blog by clicking here make sure to follow her on Instagram to get daily inspiration.
Do you have a girl squad? Are you trending this fall and winter with animal print? Let me know your thoughts. Xo happy fashion Divas.