Hey divas, I’m back with a special collaboration today. I am collaborating with some of my soul sisters. I have been living in Georgia for 4 years now and honestly I’m just now finding true friends that share the same love for fashion of course, women empowerment, self love, morals, values and standards. This collaboration is special because this is a collaboration with my new ATL girl squad our theme… can you guess?
Okay so here are 5 reasons why you need a #girlsquad.
- Accountability: Have women in your squad that will hold you accountable. Somobeone that will make sure you ar doin g what you should and not what you think.
- Friendship: We all need love and friendship. But friendship with a set of women that make you live, laugh and love and that will be honest about what you say, or wear. Yep then that’s a friend. I am the type of person that will pick lint from your head, place your shirt tag back inside your shirt. I’m loyal and I cherish my friends.
- unique balance: the ladies in my squad all are unique. We all bring different qualities and attributes that make us all different but provides a central balance amongst us all. Ladies let’s be real it’s known for us not to get along…. let me say it again… we are known to be petty shady and yes double cross each other if it benefits ourselves. However surround yourself around women who value you and will be that balance in your life. For example you always. Red hat silly one in the group because when you are down you can always count on that one person to make you smile! I amknow for being an over the top diva. But these ladies are also over the top diva in their own way and I absolutely love it.
- Growth: this is very important. As I look back over the years I can definitely see my growth in life… and you should too. But that didn’t just happen because of me. 1. Is God of course. 2. Family 3. My girl squad. Make sure you have people who are always pushing you to do better. Just as much as you empowering them. We all have dreams and goals and yes life gets hard. But we are all in thsinto win! Even if winning means making it till tomorrow. It always good to have long and short term goals to achieve and make sure your girls hold you accountable!
- Empower: this go hand in hand with growth. In order to grow you must be empowered. Who or what do you find inspiration from. My true inspiration has come from my other and as I meet more beautiful young women I beocme more empowered. Empowered to do better, to do more, to empower other women to love the skin their in…. yep that’s my tag line for my blog! But it trust love you and you will be able to have a bomb girl squad!
- Is my bonus most of all have fun. Life is so short and life happens daily. Don’t get caught in a rut. Live tou life to the fullest and why not do that with your girl squad!
I am sure you all are dying to find out all the details on our outfits. As I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs that animal is trending for this fall and winter. So me and the girls decided to do our own take on how we would style animal print.
Up first me of course. I decided to do a simple all black 2 piece outfit. If you know me I love 2 piece outfits. I see them as very versatile and you can make endless options by matching th skit or top with with a different item in your closet. This 2 piece out comes from New York and Company from the Eva Mendes collection. The top is actually a bodysuit and I usually wear a size xsmall but this fits small. I had to size up.
I decided to add leopard print assecories with a belt and earrings from Rue 21, purse was gifted but it’s Betsy Johnson, and my oh so lovely booties from ShoeDazzle.
Thats it keep it simple and classy.
Get The Look:
Top | Skirt |Booties (name: Rylee) |Earrings
My girl Kisha is all thing classy and vintage. I truly love how she always stays true to her self and always breaks the “fashion boundaries” in a unique way. I had no idea what any of these ladies were going to wear but we all decided that Black was a good common ground in out outfits. I love how she took a classic look of a pinstripe ruffle coloutte with a high neck blouse. She added the leopard print with her bag and shoes and don’t forget her cute fishnet bow socks. For more details on her look check out her blog and make sure to follower her Instagram for daily inspiration
I will forever say that’s Daniesha does an amazing job with mixing basics with classy pieces. This is an area I lack in. So I have definitely been taking some tips from her. I love how she took a simple screen T-shirt and jazzed it up with this lovely circle leopard print skirt. She topped this look off with a cute hat, knee high boots and the perfect little purse. Find out all the sweet details on her blog by clicking here make sure to follow her on Instagram to get daily inspiration.
Do you have a girl squad? Are you trending this fall and winter with animal print? Let me know your thoughts. Xo happy fashion Divas.
I am so excited that I will be visiting my bff. I will be traveling to Pittsburgh to rondevu with my clueless homie! So I decided to make this another simple blog. If you follow me on instagram you would have seen that this was actually reposted by the one and only Gabrielle Union and New York and Company themselves! So exciting to recognized by my favorite boutique and designer!
This entire outfit can be found at New York and Company under the Gabrielle Union Collection tab. Chambray denim.. I used to call this knock off denim but it’s not. It’s perfect for spring and summer as it’s light, soft and will match with almost anything. I love the balloon sleeve detailing as well as the tie front. I will admit that when I first put this shirt on it fit tight and that’s only because I failed to realize that there’s a hidden zipper on the side.. ( I must have been that excited to get it on)
This skirt is A-Mazing! it’s perforated with a gorgeous tropical multicolored take me to the jungle print lol. It comes with a light under lining just right to keep you cool in the summer.
I paired this outfit with a simple cage creme heel from Justfab. These shoes are so comfortable and I honestly thought about putting yellow with this outfit instead of this neutral color but it works!
How would you style this outfit?
Get The Look:
Top | Skirt | Shoes
Many of you know that I struggled with showing my legs, or wearing a bikini. However it has taken me 32 years to dare to show my belly. I know get over yourself? Sometimes confidence comes in all forms, any showing skin wasn’t mine. However After trying this outfit on.. I didn’t look so bad after all.
Whelp it’s Friday and I am letting it..just a bit hang out..It’s warm and it’s time to welcome that melanin glow! This 2 pieces is from TJMaxx and is giving me super bohemian vibes. I love loose fitting pants like this. One they are perfect for the air to flow through on a hot day and two they make me look like I have a booty (lol). The matching off the shoulder top is a no brainier as it’s the perfect length to almost hit the high waisted pants. I paired this look with a weaved color block purse that I found at the Goodwill for $5. Sun hat? why not I love hats, this was actually a gift form years ago. Did I tell you that I am totally loving espadrilles right now? Well I have always had a love for them, however DSW has been getting me right with these deals! These back lace tie up espadrilles and are by Nanette Lepore. They are no longer available online as they were on the clearance rack. So check your local DSW for these beauties.
What are your weekend plans? My business travel was a success now it’s time to get some rest!
xo happy fashion divas.
Two Piece outfit (Take your pick) | Espadrilles | Purse (take your pick)
Maxi dresses have evolved into a spring and summer must have for me. Honestly long maxi dresses growing up were not the hottest trend for a teenager let alone for any young girl trying to figure out her fashion sense. Maxi dresses can go grandma real quick.. or even too sexy depending on your body type. Here are a few helpful tips for picking a maxi dress.
- Maxi: Equals long in length, but does not mean big in width. Be mindful if you are short like me some maxi dresses will tend to hang on me and make me look even skinnier. Try the high low or the asymmetrical maxi dresses this will give he look as if you are taller instead of shorter. If you are bigger than me do not buy a larger size or try to cover up your shape. this will only make you look larger or like you are wearing grandmas moo-moo! Flaunt what you have gracefully.
- Prints: if someone who is a size 0 with a printed maxi dress on the odds of it looking the same on someone who is considered plus size, it will not look the same. Prints play an illusion that you are bigger or smaller. If you are considered plus size try smaller prints and if considered petite try a larger print. let me know how that works?
- Shape: Weather you are big or small we all have to create that illusion that we have this banging shape. Even if you have a small waist you tend to accentuate this area. Try purchasing dresses with a waist tie to pull in your waist. this will create that hour glass affect.
Maxi Dresses are a must have and should be a staple for spring and summer. They are easy, light and many wearing often wear them to weddings and date nights. you can always dress them up or down depending on the material and style! Don’t forget maxi dresses can be worn with heels, tennis shoes or sandals.. take your pick.
For this look it’s a simple wrap maxi dress. The wrap helps to pull in my waist and make my bust look bigger. I went with a soft bold print. Because this dress is long i choose to pair it with heels. This give the illusion that i am taller, like I am going to rip the runway. How would you style this dress?
This dress is no long available, but I have you covered click here for several options!
xo Happy Fashion Divas!
Growing up in the inner city of San Diego California, I was not exposed to all of the many arts, high society clubs, luxury cars and many other things. I wouldn’t say I was raised in the ghetto. However my parents did the best they could. Well we did have the biggest house on the block and many people thought we were rich. Rich in money? No! But rich in style yes.. Both of my parents new how to dress and instilled that in my brothers and sisters. My mother would always tell me “Always dress to impress, you never know who you will met.” I intend to always dress my best.
Flashing into present day my husband was raised the same way however was exposed to luxury in many different ways. However we have the same mindset although we come form different locations and background! It amazing how you can meet someone who is just like you! My husband is an Aerospace Engineer, who loves all things, trains, plane and automobiles. He is a natural for tech gadgets and things that go fast. Totally opposite of me.
We were recently invited to the Bentley Reveal party of the all new Bentley Continental GT (Grand Touring). Let me give this car a moment of silence… Okay so when you think of Bentley you think of high class, fancy, red carpet right? Well I at least do and so does my husband. We didn’t know who we would meet let alone network with.. I of course dressed us both and figured, lace, and suede always look rich.
My outfit is from Dillards. this is one of the dresses i purchased during the New Year’s sale. I snag this beauty for more than a bargain! Te detailing on this dress is exquisite as it actually fades to different shade of burgundy. There’s a nice lining underneath that stops right at the knee leaving the rest of the lace see-thru. I paired this lace Antonio Melani dress with my burgundy suede JustFab heels. My husband was fitted in a matching burgundy blazer and black lapel.. fitted black slack pants and “custom” made shoes.. okay they are not custom made but the way they match this blazer one would think so.
For any car lovers out there check out the full Bentley Continental GT technical review form my husband Ben Wayne . Enjoy!
How has your past shaped your present? Are you more than grateful for thing your parents taught you even if you had access to luxury things in life? I am more than appreciative for what I did, didn’t and now have.
XO Happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look: