Hey divas! Can you believe that July is almost over? Thats right and one of my favorite months is coming up.. Cough Ouch August.. Why? Because it’s the month I was married. This year will make 2 years.. whoot whoot! Not only will I be celebrating my anniversary but my sister will be getting married this coming Sunday. We making magic in August. So with that being said you know i will be blogging the fun road trip form Atlanta to Virginia.. and all of the wedding madness.. you know all the good stuff.
Since it’s Monday it’s time for a little bit of Faith & Fashion.
“Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.” John 15: 20 KJV
Do you remember the day when you could stay up late, party hard and wake up early? Don’t get me wrong I’m not that old yet, however I definitely have no desire to do any of that anymore lol. SO my routine looked a little bit like this… IN COLLEGE!
- Wake up early
- eat breakfast
- go to class/or work depending on the day
- have study sessions in between classes/ or tutoring sessions on weekends
- attend praise dance practice on Wednesdays..
- THURSDAY-SUNDAY….. is now a blur ahhaha
- okay seriously thought I still had class but sometimes the party would start on Thursday’s and wouldn’t end till Sunday.. not that same party of course but there was always a party.. either a campus party. your bff’s dorm room party.. a Frat/Sorority party… you know the party that homeboy that his ex girlfriends grandmas house which is right around the corner house party.. The all white party.. the shorty short party.. okay okay you get the picture.. So what can I say I had fun. Well to be honest my sister and I and Bff were always the designated driver because we had a car so we were known as the sober girls.. lol
- Stayed up till 2 studying went to IHOP with the L7’s (a nickname for my crew back in the day)
- Monday=Do it all over again
So this horrible college routine only lasted 1 year and half.. I am proud of that cause that life is rough.. Not healthy and definitely not what my momma was supporting me for. However It didn’t take me too long to realize that there’s more to life, college, and me than this type of lifestyle. Thats when I decided to take hold of my actions and buckle down and let the noise go! Meaning the parties, the people that were toxic, and anything that was spiritually unhealthy!
When I made this ultimate shift in my life I that’s when I could see me against the world. I was no longer friends with friends I thought were my girls.. unnecessary drama broke out because I chose not to party or entertain anything less of my new morals and values. I decided to to take a stand for me and for what God had for me.. Honestly at that time I had no idea what God has for me but i knew it wasn’t this or these people.. So today I can honestly say that when you are not of the world .. the world will be against you and you will always have God standing with you. Yes I can look back and laugh on my wayward college days and nights but I look at it a testament to myself that I couldn’t have come this far without my faith and God! Often to many times we get tangled in the trends, society and what we think we should be doing.. This is clearly called being a follower. We are called to lead and be the light not to live in darkness.
My linen jumpsuit can be found at Fab’rik along with these oh so comfortable black slides. I love a cute kimono it’s perfect for summer days or to throw something over you arms if there’s a cool breeze! Kimonos can be found just about anywhere including Walmart.. yep don’t sleep on Walmart. Head on over to Fab’rik now as these items are still on sale. Are you moving forward in style this year? Today take a stand for you!
Xo Happy Fashion divas
Get The Look:
Jumpsuit | Slides | Hat | Kimono (similar)
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
I stumbled upon this passage right when I needed it the most. As many of you know my godmother passed last month and it did take me by storm. When I returned home from her funeral my husband had the house clean bed made.. and this devotional sitting on my night stand by my side of the bed. I looked at it and smiled.. but looked closer and this scripture was right on the front cover. I knew this would be our spiritual premise for the month of February.
I have faced many challenges and obstacles in my life and boy do I know there’s more to come. I just try to position myself where I am prepared for whatever is to come. I try to learn from what I have already gone through and apply it to the next situation.
So what is a conqueror? What does this word mean to you and how are you allowing God to conqueror your life?
- To be honest I didn’t know what it meant to conqueror anything. I had never thought about my struggles as accomplishments and conquering them. Whenever a problem or a tasks arise something inside of me would kick into go mode, and to find a solution and execute! Well that all changed as I grew older, wiser and closer to God.
- Conquering to me means achieving
- I allow God to conqueror my life by listening to him daily. I have found that I have to be spiritually fed in order to maneuver through life. Daily I must subject myself to him. Because lord knows if I operate in myself I can do some serious damage, make unnecessary mistake etc.
Let’s conqueror this month divas! Be bold, be you and say true!
Mali Music- More Than A Conqueror is the perfect song to meditate to this month. I once praised danced too this song and let’s just say.. Amen! To this day it still gives me that energy that I need when feeling low!
Are you ready for these outfit details? You can pare black with anything, it’s a neutral! Since it has warmed up a bit here in Georgia i decided to keep my layers light but still warm enough for that cool breeze that bites yeah in the butt! My all black is from New York And Company. You have seen both the Gabrielle Union bow front sweater and my trusty black leggings… that I need to replace soon! I’m in love with crochet bishop sleeve cardigans.. can’t you tell? It’s from another one of my favorite online boutiques “Shein“! I have this cardigan in grey and red. It comes in several colors ranging from a charcoal grey, sage green and duty pink! My booties.. sorry ladies are so sold out.. I know they sold out within one week but I will leave you a similar pare down below.. To top this look off I added mr crown, from Bold Looks and Head Wraps! Mrs. Juanita hand makes each wrap and I am totally in love with them!
Bow front Sweater| Leggings | Bishop sleeve cardigan| Booties
Xo Happy Fashion Divas!
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
It’s Monday divas and I’m back with my Motivational Monday’s but I am switching this up to be called Fashion in Faith for 2019! If you’ve been following me on Instagram @emaneescloset you will know that I recently lost my godmother, friend, second mommy all of the above 2 weeks ago. So this Monday I am seeking positivity and rejuvenating my spirit.
I decided that I would use this very well know scripture for today’s motivational Monday quote. Sometimes we need to get back tot he basics instead of complicating life and daily tasks. I am a strong believer of keep things simple… except my clothing lol. Sometimes when things become too hard.. so complicated that when you need to stop and listen to the lord. How do you listen to God? It’s simple.. seriously just stop.. push out all the negative thoughts, your own thoughts.. this if’s ands, and but’s and allow God to live through you.. God speaks to us all differently and you have to learn to listen to him. This is when you allow God to lead in all things you do.
No, it’s not always easy as we tend to just get up and do what feels right.. But who says what we are doing is right? Life gets hard and I have way to many testimonies where God seriously has given me the strength to get over many challenges. Everyday I pray with my husband, and before I go into work I pray again. I never know what that day is going to bring but I tell you one thing that prayer helps! I know you can relate, I’m sure you have gotten a call at work about something, a project stressed you out, a coworker was mean to you.. or even your lunch was nasty (okay maybe not) your child was bad at school, you got a flat tire.. The list goes on.. Divas call on him, he will give the strength to get through all things! Amen
Have a good week divas I hope this uplifted you.
Need some motivation through music.. I love this song Called God Held me By Zacardi Cortez
Ladies I kept this outfit super simple and I shopped my closet. My jeans are of course form New York and Company. We all need a good boot cut jean and these were perfect and affordable. The honeycomb sweater is from who knows where I can’t remember that’s how long it’s been! But there are tons of these sweaters everywhere. Girls my blazer was gifted to me from a friend from church!! I love the colors and the print and the fabric is bomb! I have left a few of my favorite blazers below. Yawl already know where my booties are front! Shoedazzle of course. These fur babies are super comfortable ant hey have ribbons for laces..
XO Happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look:
Jeans| Sweater | Blazer 1 | Blazer 2
This has been long overdue. I have finally decided to add a lifestyle portion to my blog with style of course! I wanted to incorporate this section to challenge myself and to share my real life journey with you. I do to have challenges and although some of my pictures maybe nice, I have struggles just like everyone else. There will be a few sub categories that you will be able to choose form.
- Get Lifted: Here I will be discussing motivation, inspiration quotes to get you lifted. I and my husband are very religious and love doing bible study, doing a morning daily devotional. However life happens and sometimes we let “stuff” get in the way. I figured this would be a good way for me to share with you as well holding myself accountable of reading the word and making sure I doing my part to society as being a loyal Christian! So “Get Lifted” with me
- Food For The Soul: This is all thing food. Some of my favorite restaurants, recipes, what I am currently craving..healthy things of course :).
- Work It Out: Will be my most challenging section of all. As I have never ever truly had to “work out” working out for me equated to losing weight which was always a fear of mine. However as I get older and wiser..i know i need to workout to always be healthy. I will go into more detail about what it means to be a skinny girl and working out.
- Emanee Hair Trendz: If you have been following me for a while, you would know I use to have this section o my blog and then I removed it. Well guess what it’s back!I love anything hair! from, braids, blowouts, twist outs, sew in, natural hair, permed hair.. trending hair products you name it I love it. I will e sharing some helpful hair tips. Most of these tips and tricks anyone can use.
Come along with me on this journey as you will view my life in style.
xo happy life divas.