Yes it’s true I have a jumpsuit, dress, 2 piece polka dot outfit the only thing i’m missing now is a black and white polka dot skirt.. Ha I just might go and snag one. Today how would you style this two piece outfit from New York and Company. I have 2 options, however the options are endless!
Option 1: Red, black and white is always a classic look especially with polka dots! I simply paired my red Justfab lace up wedges along with this Kenneth Cole statement bag. Simple easy classic look. You can wear this to work, out on a date or simply out with the girls.
Option 2: Hot pink always looks good with black and white. Since we are living in color this summer why not go bright and bold. I pulled the hot pink from the shoes I am wearing exclusively from Justfab. I love 2 tone shoes that offer pops of color and prints. I thought this was a perfect match with this outfit.
What I love most about this 2 piece outfit is that you can always pair the top with a different pair of bottoms or the bottoms with a different top. you honestly can obtain so many great looks with this one outfit.
Which look is your favorite?
Top | Pants | Red Wedges (Karuna Ankle) | Polka Dot heels (Lena) | Pink bag (similar) | Red bag
You made it loves to Friday! I told myself I was going to stop living for Friday’s ad the weekend and enjoy each day as they come. Well I am still happy, no rain just sunshine.. I am in desperate need of a beach, lemonade a good sun bath so I can look like a toasted Almond lol.
Okay so let’s get right into this look. I have been working on my weekend chill vibes look, as I have so many professional clothing.. but I am doing better… I think? This 2 piece short outfit is from Shein. Shein is becoming one of my alternative favorite online boutique to snag cute little outfits like this. It’s cheap and gets you through. This outfit also comes in white floral and is under $20.
I decided to pair this outfit with hot pink. It just needed a pop of color, and hot pink did the trick. From my old but goodie Coach flats to my hot pink headwrap, my light pink Betsey Johnson sunnies top this look off.
How do you take simple outfits and make them pop? XO happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look:
2 Piece Shorts Set | Flats
Bold colors and prints are a must have this spring and summer. Polka dot in particular is hot! Ranging from black, blue, reds the polka dot color options are endless. Polka dot print never goes in or out of style, it’s something that should always be a staple piece in your wardrobe. Prints like this can be dressed up or down. Don’t be afraid to wear sneakers, or t-shirts with statement prints. Try it you just may like it. Le’t get into this outfit.
Just FYI this entire outfit is from New York and Company.. and all items are currently on sale! I am totally loving this Viva La Cuba t shirt from the Eva Mendes collection. I usually would rock this with a pair of jeans or skinny leg trousers. But I had to go bold and pair it with the polka dot skirt.. Well Eva did it best! The circle skirt has pockets with a small side v slit. I decided to make this outfit pop by pairing my orange pumps with this outfit. bringing out the orange from the top to the bottom is the perfect match! Another color that i tried was hot pink. Play around with colors and prints to find your perfect match.
Don’t let spring slip away with out jazzing it up in bold prints and colors!
xo Happy Fashion Divas.
Top (similar)|Skirt | Pumps (Similar)
Divas I’m serving you 5 fab tips for your date night. let’s dive right in.
- Location: knowing where you are going is key. If it’s a surprise try to play it safe and pick an outfit that is not to casual and not to dressy. However my family and friends always say I am over the top.. and I must admit, I can be at times but at least I stay true to myself. I always usually dress fancy when going out.
- Good under garments: I am flat chested.. that’s no secret.. I am def apart of the itty-bitty-titty committee but that does NOT stop me from wearing a good supportive bra. Yes supportive because I have to fake it till I make it :). Panties matter too. If you are not a thong girl you can always find seamless underwear at Victoria Secret, Macy’s, Dillards or even TJMAXX. I repeat do not..do not wear form fitting clothes and have your pantie line showing. That’s a complete no no.
- Dress for your body type: If this is a date with a special someone. you want to put your best foot forward. I say this because we all want to be respected and love for who we are on the inside.. not the outside. treat yourself with respect first by dressing appropriately to your size.
- Hair & Makeup:
- Hair: Yes this matters. Most women know this. However I allow the clothes to speak to me and dictate weather I wear my hair up, down, bun, or curly. usually sleek looks like a good body wave or a bun look good for date nights. but you be the one to choose. (Let me know if you would like for me to post date night hairstyles)
- Makeup: I am not one to totally speak on makeup as I barely wear any. However I like to believe less is more.. Show your inner beauty and let the makeup accentuate what you already have.
- Shoes: I like to find shoes that will add color or a pattern to my outfit. There are so many varieties out to today to fit your specific style and foot needs. Try JustFab who even carry wide width. DSW is my next favorite one stop shop.
- Jewelry : Depending if you are dressing fancy or casual, simple hoops, or diamond drop studs are always staple jewelry pieces for me. I always like to have a single solitaire diamond necklace and a bracelet to spice things up. Macy’s, Charming Charlie, or even New York and Company always have great deals on fashion statement jewelry.
- Purse: Make sure your purse is big but cute enough to hold these essentials: lipstick or lip balm, tissue, phone, wallet, keys, travel perfume, gum or mint, touch up makeup and some cash.
- Cover up: depending on what season it is.. don’t be afraid to carry a light sweater or a cute leather jacket just in case it gets cold.
What are some of your favorite date night tips?
xo happy fashion divas.
Get The Look:
Dress | Clutch (similar)| Heels (Name: Lena-similar)
As the temperature here in Georgia starts to heat up, my clothes and color choices do too. I have been so eager to break out into bright colors. One of my favorite work looks are slim leg pants and a printed blouse. This style is not foreign to Emanee’s Closet as I love a good skinny pant and blouse however the paper-bag waist pant is so hot and trending right now. These are the tapered high waisted version of the wide leg pants that you have seen on the blog.
I was instantly drawn to the hot pink pants.. well I have only been searching for like 4 years, for the perfect hot pink pant! And… of course I found them at New York and Company. Pairing this cute trousers with a vibrant printed top only adds a touch personality to this look. This blouse has cuffed sleeves and can be worn tucked in our out with slacks like I have or even jeans. I love pieces that you can inter-change to dress them up or down!
Let’s not forget this cute kitten heel bow tie pump. Of course form JustFab! These lovelies come in black and blush pink. They are a faux suede material and are very comfortable. These shoes are a perfect match for the office or even a weekend look with jeans.
How are your welcoming spring into your closet?
xo happy fashion divas!
Get The Look:
Pants | Blouse |Shoes (Name: Vail pump)
Let’s kick off this weekend in style. Wide leg pants and simple shirts are trending right now.
Why wear wide leg pants?
- The make you looks slim and tall
- Great for all seasons – you can always layer them with tights underneath.
- High-waisted will cover any food babies or unwanted belly fat you may have.
How to wear wide leg pants
- With a simple t-shirt tucked in
- a crop top of your choice
- A blouse of your choice – this can be sleeveless, off the shoulder, bell sleeve what every your fashion sense is tell you to do!
- Because I am short I usually wear heels with mine, however this is optional.
- Try sneakers for a more casual look or even a low wedge sandal.
- Don’t for get to add an accessory of your choice. This can be a hat, sunglasses, purse or any jewelry.
Have fun with this still this spring a summer and let me know how you wear your wide leg pants.
For my look I purchases this entire outfit for $35. My pants and flower lace top are from TJMaxx. Shoes of course are from Justfab and my $4 hat and purse are from Charming Charlie. Below are some similar options.
Xo Happy Fashion Divas.
Get The Look:
New York & Company
Doesn’t spring make you think of bright colors, hats and the races? Well I have actually never been to the races.. which is crazy because I grew up in California and the Del Mar Race track is right there.. maybe I can venture to the races soon with my hubster! that would be fun.
This outfit is giving me Audrey Hepburn “My Fair Lady” when she wore the big hat at the races 🙂 I love Audrey and her classic style. Of course New York and Company got me right on this look. I am in love with these paper bag waist tapered pants. Bright daffodil yellow is such a great color as it’s bold but sexy I paired these pants with a statement black and white blouse. The cute details on this blouse are amazing form it’s bell pleated sleeves to the bow tie back closure. I decided to wear my studded black strapped heels with these just to elevate the look.. And why not add a matching stripe hat to top off the look.
How would you wear this look?
Xo happy fashion divas.
Get The Look:
Blouse | Pants | Shoes
Come through Spring! It is heating up here in Georgia. Although it’s a nasty rainy Monday.. it’s heating up to the upper 60’s.. This weekend was gorgeous as I was able to pull out some of my spring wardrobe to share with you all.
You all know I love Eva Mendes collection! I actually purchased this shirt a while ago when I met her! Yes I totally met her.. how awesome is that! This screen-T is so fun and cute.. it even features fun sparkles on the lip print and even her beauty mark. I decided to pair this shirt with some good old Joggers.. however these have a flower print and skinny ankle. These joggers are made for spring and summer as they are a light satin material, but not shinny. I topped this look off with my ultra red lace up heels form JustFab and the coordinating Eva Mendes tote! Did I forget to mention all items can be found at NY & Company ? Bam this is a easy look.
How do you wear your joggers?
xo happy Fashion Divas
Get The Look:
T-Shirt | Joggers | Tote
Who doesn’t love the cold weather especially with snow.. I had so much fun in Atlanta’s first snow this year. Well first snow? it might be our only snow of the season.. I am hoping for more. Since I come from San Diego California where it never snows , I feel a kid in a candy shop! You know this diva had to get out in the cold for a quick photo shoot for you guys. The next couple of posts will most likely be me in winter wonderland.
First thing is first make sure you have a warm sweater and layering pieces. I absolutely love this grey turtleneck poncho from Shop Dress Up. the material is so soft, the tassels add an extra pop and I wanted to add just a little color but placing this faux fur vest from F21 over it. A pair of simple leggings always work with long tunic sweaters. These JustFab booties were the perfect pair for this outfit. I swear these booties are so comfortable so far I have wore them for almost 12 hours with no problems!
Have fun in the snow
xo Happy Fashion Divas!
Get The Look;
Poncho Sweater| Vest (Similar)| Booties (name: Janey)
Are you work ready? Well here’s some work wear inspiration from H&M. H&M has been having some fabulous sales lately and I couldn’t help but purchase some of their professional classic blazers for work. Blazers are a key essential part of your wardrobe. Blazers can be dressed up or down for a walk in the city to a professional business meeting. Versatile pieces are great to have in your closet. Let’s plunge into the goodness..
Blue & White Piping Blazer
This navy blue blazer is tried with white piping making it a perfect tailored fit. This blazer will pull you in and accentuate all your cures in the right places. The blazer is so well made its lined and also has zippers on the sleeves and both front pockets. I absolutely adore the white piping the back panel of the blazer giving the tailored fitted look. This is a must have in your closet. I purchases this beauty for only $15.00. This Blazer can only be found in stores! I know for a fact they have a white blazer with black piping.
Peplum Blazer (Similar)
Ladies this white speckled black peplum blazer can also be work as a quarter length sweater. That is right talking about 2 for one. The blazer is form-fitting and is light weight but thick enough to be worn in the spring or the first of fall season. This can be paired with color slacks, skirts, crop pants or can even be dressed down with a pair of dress jeans. I purchased this sweet peplum blazer for $20.00
This blazer screams the 3 C’s “Classic”, “Classy” and “Couture”! Yes divas this is must have to be work ready. The fabric is thick but had a bit of a shiny tinge making it pop when the sun hits it. The lapel and cuffs are outlines in a feathered fringe giving it a classy but fierce look. This Blazer is ranked as a power Blazer! Originally retailed for $60.oo I purchased this beauty for $30.00.
Blush Moto Jacket
So this blazer can fall into the great debate category. Is this a blazer or jacket? I love how this piece can be worn as a jacket or as a blazer. I decided that it’s a great versatile piece and that I could make it work in the work place.. what do you think? This jacket is thick linen lined with suede giving it an edging but professional look. Because this color is so light and neutral I decided to pair it with a deeply skirt and snake print heels. This rough soft jacket was purchased for only $20.00. Super steal.
Be inspired and Look fierce at work! Happy Shopping Divas!
Youtube: Emanee’s Closet