I love soup during the cold weather…don’t you? Yes Soup and salad is one of my favorite classic meals. It’s fast and an easy meal that you can also use a meal prep! I am so here for meal prep. Let me know if you want me to give you some meal prep ideas and recipes.
• 1 bag of cubed frozen or fresh potatoes (bag/not frozen: simply potatoes) if using fresh cook time will vary
• 1 bag of shredded sharp cheese or mozzarella- which ever you prefer… I sometimes use both!
• 1 stick of cream cheese, 8 oz – you can use nonfat crème cheese
• 2 lbs, 32 oz of chicken broth
• ¼ cup of chopped onion
• ¼ cup of bell pepper
• 1 can of cream of chicken soup
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Crock pot
Now let the magic begin!
Pour the potatoes, cream of chicken, onion, bell peppers, and the chicken pot in the crock pot. Give it a nice stir. You crock pot should be on low temp as you will cook this for 6 hours on low. If you are using the fresh unfrozen potatoes cook for 4 hours. Place the lid on top and frequently check on your fixings. About 30 minutes before your 4 hour 6 hour mark, layer in some of your shredded cheese and cream cheese to your desire. The more cream cheese the thicker your soup will be. You can always add more chicken broth to thin it out. You will now also add in salt and pepper to taste.
Let that simmer and melt…
Bam! That’s it creamy potato soup. If you would like to kick this recipe up a notch try adding shredded chicken, bacon chives on top and broccoli!! Yummy. Please let me know if you tried this recipe and how you liked it!
Bon appetite divas.