Random question, what is your favorite animal? Mine just so happens to be giraffes. I love how gracefully they walk, how tall they are, their wonderful spotted print and of course their bold eyes with those long eyelashes. I honestly believe that where us human got the idea of elongating mascara from!
If you guessed that I was drawn to this dress because of the print. You are absolutely right. It looks like a colorful giraffe to me. I have been on the hunt for several maxi dresses and this one satisfied my fashion sweet tooth. This dress is from New York and Company the Eva Mendes line of course!
This maxi dress is great for many reason.
- It’s long… if it wasn’t it wouldn’t be a maxi dress (duhh)
- Very light material
- Thin under lining,
- Awesome rope detailing around the waist and acts as straps
- Multi color print
You know my theme for this summer is in living color and this tops off this them. I will admit that this dress is extra extra long. I am 5’3 1/2 so I pulled out my 5″ JustFab purple fringe heels with this dress. I will most likely have this tailored so it’s not dragging on the floor. Topping this look off with my orange fringe purse and yellow beaded earring form JcPenny will definitely have heads turning. This dress is great for a hot summer day, week-ending, and of course a hot date. Take you pick!
How would you style this dress? Happy monday loves Kick this week off in color!
Get The Look:
Dress | Bag | Heels |
I have been on the hunt for summer maxi dresses. Lately I haven’t seen any that I truly fell in love with. However you know my girl Eva Mendes (collection) – from New York and Company always comes through! Every since I did my closet clear out I only have a few maxi dresses in my wardrobe. Adding this beauty was a must.
Maxi dresses are like jumpsuits to me! Super classy easy outfit all in an instant. you can easily dress them up or down once again depending on the material. This dress is super light weight and I encourage you to wear a slip or shorts underneath as it’s a bit see-thru. There wasn’t much for me to add to this dress as it speaks for itself.
I topped this look off with these dazzling blue beaded earrings from JCPenney, my purple fringe heels and bam. Sexy and cool outfit!
Get The Look:
Dress | Earrings
Hey divas are you ready for some bbq, sun, family and friend fun? The real question is what will you be wearing this 4th of July? Well I and my blogger sister The Fab Five Fashionistas have collaborated to bring you some fashion inspiration. I had fun with this collaboration as we mixed pieces that we already had in our wardrobe! We often show you what’s new and on the racks for you to purchase however we figured it would be a great idea to show you that what’s already in your closet can be just as cute! Let me know which outfit idea you will be trying or what you will be wearing on the 4th!
First up is me. I chose to stick with the traditional red white and blue colors.. as I believe we all did! As many of you know I struggle with having chill clothes in my wardrobe. I picked this cute red and white gingham flutter sleeve t-shirt up from Versona. I pulled out these 3′ blue and white striped shorts from Old Navy. If you have not shopped Old Navy’s shorts it’s a definite must! Every summer they have shorts on sale for $10. I am sure this 4th they will have a flash sale.
I topped this outfit off with matching gingham knotted slides from Versona and a pair of sunnies form New York and Company.
Get The Look:
Shirt | Slides | Shorts (similar)
My girl Yolda always has the cutest rompers! I should have known she was going to serve up this cute light blue and dark blue pipin off the shoulder romper. First off shes is giving me yacht club vibes! Totally loving this look with the hat touch of red with the triangle bag and those gingham slides! totally cute. Check out Yolanda’s blog for all the fab details.
I and Yolanda gave you legs for days.. and Lydia is giving me shoulders. I am totally in love with this outfit. This cute red bandeau crop top goes perfectly with this midi length polka dot skirt. This outfit is perfect for a picnic, bbq or even just fun out on the town. I love how Lydia kept this look super chic but classy with the block heel sandals and tassel earrings. Head on over to Lydia’s Blog to find out all the cute details.
Mary is twinning with me in stripes. She’s totally rocking this blue and white stripe midi dress from the Gab Union line at New York and Company. I love how versatile this dress is. It can be dressed up or down. Mary did such a lovely job with pairing this dress with this straw red and blue hat, cute straw bag and added a pop of red with her cute heels. Find out all the lovely details on Mary’s blog.
Reyni definitely hit the nail on the head with this gorgeous polka dot red and white dress. It’s not the 4th of July without polka dot or stripes. Reyni kept this look classy with a simple wedge heel, cute round acrylic purse and diva shade totally loving this look. Find out all the details and more on Reyni’s blog
Which is your favorite look and what will you be wearing for the 4th? Xo happy fashion divas.
Divas I’m serving you 5 fab tips for your date night. let’s dive right in.
- Location: knowing where you are going is key. If it’s a surprise try to play it safe and pick an outfit that is not to casual and not to dressy. However my family and friends always say I am over the top.. and I must admit, I can be at times but at least I stay true to myself. I always usually dress fancy when going out.
- Good under garments: I am flat chested.. that’s no secret.. I am def apart of the itty-bitty-titty committee but that does NOT stop me from wearing a good supportive bra. Yes supportive because I have to fake it till I make it :). Panties matter too. If you are not a thong girl you can always find seamless underwear at Victoria Secret, Macy’s, Dillards or even TJMAXX. I repeat do not..do not wear form fitting clothes and have your pantie line showing. That’s a complete no no.
- Dress for your body type: If this is a date with a special someone. you want to put your best foot forward. I say this because we all want to be respected and love for who we are on the inside.. not the outside. treat yourself with respect first by dressing appropriately to your size.
- Hair & Makeup:
- Hair: Yes this matters. Most women know this. However I allow the clothes to speak to me and dictate weather I wear my hair up, down, bun, or curly. usually sleek looks like a good body wave or a bun look good for date nights. but you be the one to choose. (Let me know if you would like for me to post date night hairstyles)
- Makeup: I am not one to totally speak on makeup as I barely wear any. However I like to believe less is more.. Show your inner beauty and let the makeup accentuate what you already have.
- Shoes: I like to find shoes that will add color or a pattern to my outfit. There are so many varieties out to today to fit your specific style and foot needs. Try JustFab who even carry wide width. DSW is my next favorite one stop shop.
- Jewelry : Depending if you are dressing fancy or casual, simple hoops, or diamond drop studs are always staple jewelry pieces for me. I always like to have a single solitaire diamond necklace and a bracelet to spice things up. Macy’s, Charming Charlie, or even New York and Company always have great deals on fashion statement jewelry.
- Purse: Make sure your purse is big but cute enough to hold these essentials: lipstick or lip balm, tissue, phone, wallet, keys, travel perfume, gum or mint, touch up makeup and some cash.
- Cover up: depending on what season it is.. don’t be afraid to carry a light sweater or a cute leather jacket just in case it gets cold.
What are some of your favorite date night tips?
xo happy fashion divas.
Get The Look:
Dress | Clutch (similar)| Heels (Name: Lena-similar)
On this rainy day I thought it would be great to post this spring transitional inspired outfit. I’m over here struggling as we have had some beautiful spring days within the past few days.. and now it’s back to cold and raining. yuck! Come through Spring come through.
This is such a simple outfit for those on the go days. I took my simple all white zip Express blouse, topped it with a simple soft pink sweater kimono from Dress up. I had to jazz up this outfit with my distressed paint splattered jeans from NY & CO. I absolutely love these jeans, very fun and playful for spring and summer. I decided to stick with the soft pink for my shoes as these JustFab open toed lace up’s did the trick.
What’s on your outfit agenda this week?
xo happy Fashion Divas.
Get the Look:
Jeans | Shoes (Sky) | Kimono
Come through Spring! It is heating up here in Georgia. Although it’s a nasty rainy Monday.. it’s heating up to the upper 60’s.. This weekend was gorgeous as I was able to pull out some of my spring wardrobe to share with you all.
You all know I love Eva Mendes collection! I actually purchased this shirt a while ago when I met her! Yes I totally met her.. how awesome is that! This screen-T is so fun and cute.. it even features fun sparkles on the lip print and even her beauty mark. I decided to pair this shirt with some good old Joggers.. however these have a flower print and skinny ankle. These joggers are made for spring and summer as they are a light satin material, but not shinny. I topped this look off with my ultra red lace up heels form JustFab and the coordinating Eva Mendes tote! Did I forget to mention all items can be found at NY & Company ? Bam this is a easy look.
How do you wear your joggers?
xo happy Fashion Divas
Get The Look:
T-Shirt | Joggers | Tote